STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Dungeons & Dragons 5E Class Tutorial Videos

This thread attempts to accomplish a few things, of which the first is to keep everyone up to date in relation to my class specific videos I am planning to record, and what state they are currently in. It will also serve as a centralized thread for all of the class videos I've released thus far, by providing links to threads specific to those classes.

All of these videos are currently posted to my Youtube Channel, which can be found here.

Current Class Tutorial Schedule

The following is an upcoming release schedule and planning guide to provide you details of what videos I have that are planned and when they will be released - within reason. The status of a given video can be "Planned, Scripted/Partially Scripted, Recorded/Partially Recorded, Edited, Scheduled, and Published", and I've provided more details about what each status can represent further down the thread.

The Druid Base Class - Description (Part 1) Published 2022/11/21
    The Druid Base Class - Character Creation (Part 2) Published 2022/11/28
    The Druid Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 3a) Published 2022/12/05
    The Druid Base Class - The Wild Shape Feature (Part 3b) Published 2022/12/12
    The Druid Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 4) Published 2023/01/13
    The Circle of the Land Class Specialization (Druid Class - Player's Handbook) Published 2023/03/20
    The Circle of the Moon Class Specialization (Druid Class - Player's Handbook) Published 2023/03/27
    The Fighter Base Class - Description (Part 1) Published 2023/07/03
    The Fighter Base Class - Character Creation (Part 2) Published 2023/08/02
    The Path of the Giant (Barbarian Class - Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants) Scheduled 2023/08/21
    The Fighter Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 3) Planned -
    The Fighter Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 4) Planned -
    The Champion Class Specialization (Fighter Class - Player's Handbook) Planned -
    The Battlemaster Class Specialization (Fighter Class - Player's Handbook) Planned -
    The Eldritch Knight Class Specialization (Fighter Class - Player's Handbook) Planned -
    The Monk Base Class - Description (Part 1) Planned -
    The Monk Base Class - Character Creation (Part 2) Planned -
    The Monk Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 3) Planned -
    The Monk Base Class - Level Advancement (Part 4) Planned -
    The Way of the Open Hand Class Specialization (Monk Class - Player's Handbook) Planned -
    The Way of the Shadow Class Specialization (Monk Class - Player's Handbook) Planned -

Supplement Module Sources

The following is a list of sources I am in the process of covering, completed/nearly completed or are planning to go through and cover the classes provided by those sources. Feel free to suggest other source materials, but I will only be covering those officially released by WoTC and Smiteworks, and are specific to D&D 5E at this time.

Players Handbook Mostly Completed (EEK, ok, so not mostly completed)
    Dungeon Masters Guide Completed
    Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants Completed
    Eberron: Rising from the Last War Completed
    Explorer's Guide to Wildemount Completed
    Fizban's Treasury of Dragons Completed
    Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica Completed
    Mythic Odysseys of Theros Completed
    Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Completed
    Tasha's Cauldron of Everything Completed
    Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft Completed
    Xanathar's Guide to Everything Completed
    Last edited by stoehovve; August 20th, 2023 at 23:55.
    FGC Ultimate License, FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Stoehovve
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/user/stoehovve

The following is a list of classes that have associated tutorial videos that have been released to my Youtube Channel.

D&D 5E Classes

NOTE: This list does not yet include all of the classes, though I have recorded videos for most of the available classes, it will take me some time to get all of the appropriate threads added to the forums.
    Last edited by stoehovve; September 13th, 2021 at 21:49. Reason: Adding Druid Class
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

Changelog

2023/08/20 Updating list of planned videos, setting up scheduled video listing, and organizing some links.
    2022/12/11 Added all published videos for the Druid Class, and updated schedule.
    2022/10/30 Added links for the Nature and Tempest Domain videos for the cleric class, as well as scheduled the video for the Trickery domain.
    2022/10/10 Published the Cleric Light Domain video, and added links for the life and knowledge domain videos.
    2022/08/29 Published the level advancement video, the third video in the Cleric base class series
    2022/08/21 Setup the Cleric videos that will replace the older base class video, as well as finalize the Barbarian class links.
    2022/08/14 I've updated the list of published vs scheduled videos, as well as replaced the outdated links for the Barbarian class to represent the new videos that are in a much better format. The old links are still accessible, however they are now in a post further below the classes main listing.
    2022/05/24 Adding the references for the Bard of Eloquence and Oath of Glory for the Mystic Odysseys of Theros sections.
    2022/05/23 Published the Undying video for the Warlock Class.
    2022/05/09 Published the Oath of the Crown video for the Paladin Class.
    2022/04/25 Published the Way of the Long Death video for the Monk Class.
    2022/04/11 Published the Purple Dragon Knight video for the Fighter Class.
    2022/03/28 Published the Arcana Domain video for the Cleric Class.
    2022/03/27 Updated the planned list, as well as scheduled the next class video.
    2022/03/07 Published the Path of the Totem Warrior Enhancements video for the Barbarian Class.
    2022/02/21 Published the Path of the Battlerager video for the Barbarian Class.
    2022/02/03 Published the Drakewarden video for the Ranger Class.
    2022/01/27 Published the Way of the Ascendant Dragon video for the Monk Class.
    2022/01/20 Published the Graviturgy Magic video for the Wizard Class.
    2022/01/13 Published the Chronurgy Magic video for the Wizard Class.
    2022/01/06 Published the Echo Knight video for the Fighter Class.
    Last edited by stoehovve; August 20th, 2023 at 23:57.
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

The following is a brief description of the various states a video can be placed in:

Planned The class or class specialization has been selected to be prepared for recording, but no script has yet been written.
    Scripted/Partially Scripted The class or class specialization has been reviewed, and a script written in preparation for recording. If, however, the script is only partially done due to RL commitments pulling me away from completing it, the status will reflect that.
    Recorded/Partially Recorded The class or class specialization has been, or is in the process of, being recorded and is now ready for editing.
    Edited The video for the class or class specialization has been edited, as well as rendered, and is in the process of being uploaded or is still being processed by YouTube's internal post-upload processing.
    Scheduled The video has been scheduled for a given release date, which will generally be on a Monday or Thursday release. However, I still reserve the right to adjust that release schedule, in the event new features have been released, or something I feel needs to be released first bumps the schedule. As such, until the date is officially set for release, it will remain in a tentative state. As this post is only going to cover class or class specialization videos, what bumped a schedule may not be readily apparent in this thread.
    Published This means the video has been published and is now publicly accessible, however, any video that has been released for longer than 2 weeks will be removed from this list, but a link to it will be available in the class specific thread.
    Last edited by stoehovve; August 14th, 2022 at 21:18.
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

2021/12/23 Published the College of Spirits video for the Bard Class.
    2021/12/16 Published the Order of Scribes video for the Wizard Class.
    2021/12/09 Published the Bladesinging video for the Wizard Class.
    2021/12/02 Published the Genie video for the Warlock Class.
    2021/11/25 Published the Fathomless video for the Warlock Class.
    2021/11/18 Published the War Magic video for the Wizard Class.
    2021/11/15 Published the Class Customizations video for the Wizard Class.
    2021/11/11 Published the Clockwork Soul video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/11/08 Published the Aberrant Mind video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/11/04 Updated the list of planned videos, with more details of them this time, as well as expanded on the source material I intend to cover for the various classes.
    2021/11/04 Published the Hexblade video for the Warlock Class.
    2021/11/01 Published the Celestial video for the Warlock Class as well as updated the state of some planned videos list.
    2021/10/25 Published the Soulknife video for the Rogue Class as well as updated the state of some planned videos list.
    2021/10/21 Published the Phantom video for the Rogue Class as well as updated the state of planned videos list.
    2021/10/18 Published the Storm Sorcery video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/10/14 Published the Shadow Magic video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/10/11 Published the Divine Soul video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/10/07 Published the Additional Customizations video for the Sorcerer Class.
    2021/10/04 Published the Swarmkeeper video for the Ranger Class.
    2021/09/30 Released the Fey Wanderer video for the Ranger Class.
    2021/09/27 Released the Swashbuckler video for the Rogue Class as well as added to the planned videos list.
    2021/09/23 Released the Scout video for the Rogue Class as well as updated the state of some of the upcoming videos.
    2021/09/20 Released the Mastermind video for the Rogue Class as well as updated the state of some of the upcoming videos.
    2021/09/16 Released the Inquisitive video for the Rogue Class as well as updated the state of some of the upcoming videos.
    2021/09/13 Released the Class Customizations video for the Rogue Class, also updated the classes list to include the rogue class in a separate forum post, much like the other classes.
    2021/09/09 Released the Oath of the Watchers video for the Paladin Class.
    2021/09/08 Updating planned videos, and removing some videos from this list that are already released.
    2021/09/06 Released the Oath of Glory video for the Paladin class, as well as updated the state of some of the videos.
    2021/09/05 Confirming the scheduling of the next set of video releases, YouTube seems to be taking far longer to pre-process them lately, and I have to wait till all post upload video processing is completed.
    2021/09/02 Released the Monster Slayer video for the Ranger Class.
    2021/08/30 Released the Horizon Walker video for the Ranger Class, as well as updated the state of some planned videos.
    2021/08/26 Released the Gloom Stalker video for the Ranger Class, as well as updated the state of some planned videos.
    2021/08/23 Released the Additional Customizations for the Ranger Video.
    2021/08/19 Released the Way of the Astral Self video for the Monk Class, as well as updated the state of some planned videos.
    2021/08/16 Released the Way of Mercy video for the Monk Class, as well as updated the state of some planned videos.
    2021/08/12 Released the Oath of Redemption for the Paladin Class.
    2021/08/09 Released the Oath of Conquest for the Paladin Class, as well as added some new planned videos.
    2021/08/05 Released the Additional Customizations for the Paladin Video.
    2021/08/02 Released the Death Domain Video.
    2021/07/29 Released the Rune Knight, Fighter class video, and updated the state on some planned videos.
    2021/07/26 Released the Psi Warrior, Fighter class video, and updated the state on some planned videos.
    2021/07/22 Released the Way of the Sun Soul, Monk class video, and updated the state on some planned videos.
    2021/07/19 Released the Way of the Kensei, Monk class video, and removed the Circle of Spores videos release reference. Also changed the state of the Paladin customization and oath of conquest videos.
    2021/07/15 Released the Way of the Drunken Master, Monk class video, and removed the Samurai videos release reference.
    2021/07/11 Confirmed the schedules for all pending releases prior or equal to August 2nd, 2021.
    2021/07/01 Moved the Psi Warrior and Way of the Sun Soul videos to a scheduled state, and the Oath of Conquest as well as the Oath of Redemption to Scripted States. Also adding several additional subclasses for planning.
    2021/06/28 Updating the released state of the Samurai video, and moving the Way of the Sun Soul & Psi Warrior videos to the edited stated.
    2021/06/26 Added the Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard Class Tutorial Pages.
    2021/06/25 Added the Ranger Class Tutorial Page.
    2021/06/24 Added the Monk & Paladin Class Tutorial Pages.
    2021/06/23 Updating the states of some planned videos, as well as adding the Druid & Fighter tutorial series' to the classes list.
    2021/06/22 Adding Death Domain to Planned list, as well as adding the Bard & Cleric tutorial series' to the classes list.
    2021/06/21 Initial Post with some minor adjustments and thread reservations in advance of the class list.
    Last edited by stoehovve; March 28th, 2022 at 09:42.
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

Reserved 4
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

Blog Entries
    Well done. Added to the sticky here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

I've just realized I've skipped the rogue class for a class specific listing of its tutorials, I'll get that fixed up later tonight after work.
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

The following order is my planned redo for many of my earlier class videos before I settled on a smaller/shorter format for the videos. When the base class is redone, this will trigger an update of some of the class specializations as well, so they align with the new base class videos, and remove much of the duplication. In relation to the Wizard and Cleric videos, the first few will be redo's, but there are plenty of specializations that did not get covered in my first pass, so I will be adding those at the time I redo the base class videos, or shortly there after.

Player's Handbook
    Classes
    - Rogue base Class (Re-evaluate video for breaking it up)
    - Rogue - Thief (Re-evaluate to reduce length)
    - Rogue - Assassin (Re-evaluate to reduce length)
    - Rogue - Arcane Trickster (Re-evaluate to reduce length)
    - Sorcerer Base Class (This is merged into the Draconic Bloodline & Wild Magic videos)
    - Sorcerer - Draconic Bloodline
    - Sorcerer - Wild Magic
    - Warlock Base Class (This video is just TOO long, class specializations are OK though)
    - Wizard Base Class (Re-evaluate video for breaking it up)
    - Wizard - School of Abjuration (Redo video, too long)
    - Wizard - School of Conjuration
    - Wizard - School of Divination
    - Wizard - School of Enchantment
    - Wizard - School of Evocation (Video WAY too long)
    - Wizard - School of Illusion
    - Wizard - School of Necromancy
    - Wizard - School of Transmutation
    Last edited by stoehovve; June 26th, 2023 at 15:01.
    FG Discord - Stoehovve

Thread Information