5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerGeek View Post
    @Trenloe, per the screen cap from the console file, it shows as 'extension', singular
    Attachment 47743
    Ah, OK - it's in a vault file. So that's different. This extra information really helps set the scene on what the actual issue is. Always best to provide more info than less when having issues. This now tells us that the issue is downloading data from the GM you're connecting to as a player. I assumed your download error was updating FG, not when connecting to a GM.

Check your router for flood protection.

Get your GM to check for advanced security (Moon Wizard provided a link above).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Adding to the above, it's worked for the other 7 players that are part of the group, I am the only one w/the issue.

Adding to the above, it's worked for the other 7 players that are part of the group, I am the only one w/the issue.
    Both could point to your router/security software blocking, or the Advanced Security on the GM side blocking a specific connection.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Appreciate the help here folks.

As it relates to the router stuff, it's my router, not one from the ISP, but I'll keep digging.

I'm the Host that BikerGeek is trying to connect to. ISP where I'm at is AT&T. Checked all the possible combinations of stuff from the Moon Wizard post above and can't find any "Advanced Settings" that also include the Advance Security stuff from that post.

He's trying all by his lonesome trying all day today, and hasn't been successful but in a few hours, we'll see 6-7 other players connect successfully (I'm guessing). As we did last week - we have 9 players, but we have a few off this month.
    Any further ideas?

If the player has a way of trying another network connect/ISP - either via a VPN or a cellphone hotspot, then it's worth giving that a try just for testing to help identify where the issue might be.

Thank you! BikerGeek tried via his cell, and still same issue. One other player (one of the less technical) joined already tonight, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessded View Post
    Thank you! BikerGeek tried via his cell, and still same issue. One other player (one of the less technical) joined already tonight, as well.
    Yeah, no joy here through my phone. All methods still result in that message from the above screen cap.

Yeah, no joy here through my phone. All methods still result in that message from the above screen cap.
    Have you tried deleting the campaign from your computer, and rejoining with the same user info?

He uninstalled & reinstalled, so there are no campaigns listed that BikerGeek has successfully connected to.

Thread Information