DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Weapons in the character Sheet - how should it work?

I really like the way you can change the weapon entry on the charakter sheet. You can switch from one to two handed and switch thrown, melee and ranged weapons. That's really neat and one of the options I enjoyed most.

Yet I am confused: First of all, when I equip a weapon that can be thrown and used in melee, still two entries appear. One for the melee attack and one for the throw. And when I switch to thrown weapons and enter a number for the Ammo, the counter still changes when I use a melee attack. So if my character has two daggers and I make a melee attack, the program crosses off one dagger as if I had thrown it.

Is this right? Is this wrong? Am I missing the point here?

Assuming you're referring to the 5E ruleset?

The weapon entries aren't really designed to change between ranged and melee on the fly - it's more a toggle that you set once and leave it, because you'll then be able to make further changes in the weapon details screen - some of which will be overridden if you switch between melee/ranged. Hence why you get two entries. The toggle is really for custom weapons rather than making changes on the fly to existing entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Too bad - it should be for changing on the fly, actually. That'd be rather neat. Anyway, thanks!

Thread Information