DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.5

MBM, I hope you didn't see that as bitching at or about you, as that was not the intent.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post

6. I work best context switching, some MGT2, some CoC, some WOIN and so on. I'm reducing my ruleset support down to MGT2/2300AD/RQ and will no longer be working on any major campaigns for CoC, as MoN has nearly killed me. This is why you see MGT releases in bursts.
    RQ? As in Runequest or some other RQ? If so which one (there are so many...)?

Also I get MoN, playing with that sort of material can drive a person insane, or at least that is what the voices say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Also I get MoN, playing with that sort of material can drive a person insane, or at least that is what the voices say.
    I learned a long time ago to not listen to those voices. Some voices are OK, but not those.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Really appreciate your work on it matey.

Cargo tab back in please! Definitely a useful feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm normally sitting here with bookshelves full of sourcebooks, though they're in boxes at the moment after just moving house, but very few rulebooks. I used to do all the mechanical work for my games on slips of paper, and little notebooks full of post it notes. Combat was mostly theatre of the mind, with the occasional treat of breaking out the minis, looking for that lead character that looks sort of like my character and cracking on a battle map for a really immersive game.

Nowadays it's pretty much exclusively FGU. When systems are being built for fantasy grounds, it's truly amazing to see the thought, effort and ingenuity that goes into the process of creating systems within FG that otherwise would have been on random slips of paper either used by the GM or by the players, or all of the above at the same time. Sometimes we have to go with the flow too and change how we operate in order to fit in with the wider vision. That requires a heck of a lot of rework and in some instances completely changing the process.

As a player of the content and systems produced, taking 5e for example, that ruleset has evolved too over the years to add in extra functionality, remove or move some and change other bits and it continues to evolve as FGU evolves with sight, and light.

I'm just happy that MBM has given me an opportunity to help out, though I must say not sure my name deserves to be in the list there just yet as I'm still busily working away on my first packet or work after recovering from a bit of temporary blindness and the passing of my father.

Anyhoo, I think you're doing an awesome job MBM, the system keeps getting better and better

Azaran.
    100%

2300 AD? YES PLEASE!

Looking forward to this one for a LONG, LONG time!!! Need any playtesters, look me up MBM...got a campaign already brewing in the wings!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    2300 AD? YES PLEASE!

Looking forward to this one for a LONG, LONG time!!! Need any playtesters, look me up MBM...got a campaign already brewing in the wings!

GBFF
    Hehe, we have spoken you are the one.

Huzzah!
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by demonsamurai View Post
    Cargo tab back in please! Definitely a useful feature.
    Done, also now I'm going to leave it and it talks to the Cargo held in the PS and vice-versa

so Players can update the Cargo via the PC Sheet
    and Referee's can use either the PC sheet or the PC Ship Sheet

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    RQ? As in Runequest or some other RQ? If so which one (there are so many...)?

Yes, RQ = RuneQuest. Around 2 years ago (yes!) I got asked personally if I wanted to do the work by Chaosium (it helps knowing the people - right?) and I told them I'll get onto it when I can put a block of time into it. The important thing for me is handing WOIN back. I did that as a favour to SW as they got let down, I didn't expect to still be supporting it, but they're taking it back when I've finished the next update (in the works).

I love MGT2/2300AD/RQ - don't mind converting/working on these. But as you've seen, MGT2 has a few folks helping out, so will continue getting updated and more books released as so on.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information