5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LOS not showing on COS

I have opened up several modules that have been listed as complete for 4.1 and the LOS works fine on those modules and I can see it defined when in the correct menu. COS is listed as done but none of the maps seem to have the LOS data on them and do not show any difference when LOS is turned on. I have even went to to the vault folder and deleted COS and it redownloaded but it still has no LOS data nor works correctly.

I just tested the Curse of Strahd maps - the Curse of Strahd - DM Maps ones do not have LOS (as expected), the Curse of Strahd - Maps do have LOS on them.

Have you clicked the Enable/Disable Line-of-sight and Lighting buttons for the maps?

Note that none of the isometric maps have Line of Sight.

Another possibility is that you may need to revert changes in the module if you've had it open before. Test in a new campaign without extensions as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I opened a new campaign with 5e ruleset no extensions enabled. I then loaded COS & DoISP I then loaded maps from both see screenshot and included with LOS turned on in the maps then under that I went to the LOS data. Neither COS map showed LOS but the icespire hold did. I am happy to try anything else you would like me too los.png here is the token with a light and lighting enabled los2.png
    Last edited by Darkrin; June 20th, 2021 at 17:23. Reason: added screen shots

pretty much answered above but just to be through

Summary: LOS not working on Curse of Strahd Maps but works on others

Ruleset(s): 5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: originally FGC but in troubleshooting, I created a new campaign

Extensions/Themes: many in original, 0 in a new campaign

Modules Loaded: many in original/ new Curse Of Strahd and Dragons of Ispirepeak

Operating System / Language Setting: window 10 / english

Steps to Reproduce: turned on LOS on the curse of strahd maps. the Dragons of icespire peak LOS was already turned on. I then made sure I was in play mode and moved a token around on both maps. COS let me go through what should have been walls where DoISP did not. then went to LOS to check for definitions only the Icespire showed LOS data I then showed with a token on a cos map with light showed all of this in multiple screen shots in previous post

You have no LoS data in your images (see the small wall symbol in the layers section).

How big is your WOTC5ECOS.dat file (exact size in Bytes, right click the file -> properties -> the size value in brackets)?

Can you make sure that you don't have a module in your modules folder called CoS.mod. If so then delete it and test again.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you make sure that you don't have a module in your modules folder called CoS.mod. If so then delete it and test again.
    I did in fact have the CoS.mod in my folder I removed it. closed out of fg reopened fg and reupdated but there was no change in the maps

Zarestia its 122208 kb

los3.png

what do I need to try next?

You'll need to close and reopen the CoS module. If that doesn't do anything then right click over the CoS module in module activation and select revert changes.

I tried both of those as well as deleting and redownloaded the dat file in the vault. in addition to reverting changes on the maps themselves to no avail there is still no LOS any other ideas?

Thread Information