5E Character Create Playlist

Lair Action NPCs

Hi,

I'd like to have a Green Dragon Lair Action NPC in the Comat Tracker. Has anyone already made lair action NPCs that I could use?

Lair actions are already in the Green Dragon. And as far as I know for any NPC with such actions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Lair actions are already in the Green Dragon. And as far as I know for any NPC with such actions.
    Ah, it seems that Adult and Ancient Green Dragon do indeed have lair actions on their NPC sheets. I was looking at a Young Green Dragon NPC sheet.

That's a bit surprising, as there seems to be no rule that only adult and ancient dragons would have lair actions. Considering that lair actions are likely to take place on a different initiative count as the dragon, I was expecting there to be a separate NPC for them, like traps.

Anyway, I bet I can copy that info from the adult NPC sheet to make a separate lair action NPC with an initiative count of 20. Thanks!

Yes, copying the NPC is the way to go so that you can add it to the CT at the different initiative count.

Only legendary creatures have lairs. Since young dragons and wyrmlings have no legendary actions they don't have lairs - so only Adults and above have them - see Introduction > Legendary Creatures in the Monster Manual (or page 11 in the physical book).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Of course maybe your young green dragon inherited the lair from its mother. Who was killed by a band of wandering murder hobos who broke in while he was away visiting the locale village.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There's also a 5e extension that can help account for the Lair Actions, Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistances. Take a look at: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tant-extension

And nothing says you can't give a young dragon lair actions (there's an assumption that they have to have lived in the environment long enough to develop them so it should fit into your narrative), and in the case of some parties where this is going to be their first time fighting a dragon, if they are too powerful it becomes a huge disappointment, but with including 1 or 2 of the Lair Actions as something it can do you can kick it up a notch for the players to still have a bit of a challenge without just turning it into a TPK. Each group will vary and you have to decide what is or isn't appropriate for your group.

Thread Information