DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dragging standalone dice expressions from chat

When I roll simple dice on the chat, I can't drag them to fields anymore. For example, if I change the modifier to +3, and manually roll 2d6, rolling 4, 2 for a total of 9, if I try to drag the result, instead of having a (expected) 9, I have a +3 (the modifier). This makes it hard to drag the total to the wound box on combat tracker, or quickly adding to coins (if rolling 3d6 gp, for example).

Thanks!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

I'm not seeing that. What ruleset are you seeing this on? And have you tested without extensions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is on PF2E ruleset. I originally posted there but Trenloe recommended me to post here. Here is from a brand new campaign:

Screenshot 2021-06-18 141739.png

The +3 is what I dragged. This post is where I originally reported the issue:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-from-chat

I just tried in my 5E campaign; and it appears to be working.

Here are the steps I followed (see picture):
    * Open campaign
    * Open combat tracker
    * Use mouse wheel to adjust modifier box to +3
    * Pick up d6 die
    * Right click to add an extra die
    * Roll the dice
    * Drag the result to the wound field in the combat tracker
    * Damage was applied

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trying the same thing in the PF2 ruleset does zero damage to the target; so we'll have to bump back to Trenloe to investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

The confusion/issue is that while dragging the result of the dice roll with a modifier, FG shows the drag text as the modifier, not the total - for example, "+3". So you could be led to believe that you're just dragging the modifier and not the total. This occurs in CoreRPG, 5E, PFRPG2, etc.. When dropped on a field, the total is correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, finally got it. Thanks everyone for your patience and support!

Cheers,

Trenloe and I have been discussing over e-mail to make sure I understand what you're reporting.

I think that this is just the way that the modifier stack and chat windows have always worked; which is why it took some time to understand what you're saying. Just to clarify how it works, I'm going to detail here as well.

* When dragging from the chat window, the chat entry description text is always used as the drag description.

* When using the modifier stack, it will append the text of the modifiers to the description passed in the roll. (even if empty) (Example: "Flanking +2, +3")

* In the example you used, you had added a +3 modifier to the modifier stack without any text. (You can use /mod # <text> to add modifier description; or drag from campaign modifiers list.)

* So, in the example, the modifier (+3) was added to the roll text (which there was none, since you rolled directly from desktop)

* Then, when you dragged the result, it showed the description text "+3", which as far as the chat window is concerned is just the text set with the roll.

I don't think this generally comes up very often; because people rarely roll freestyle and use modifiers at the same time. However, I'll add to our list to look into updating the modifier stack to be a little smarter about appending to empty rolls.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information