STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Conan Ruleset

Conan Ruleset

Noticed that the Conan base sourcebook is now available. Will there be any adventures available for purchase also?

Are most adventures home brew based on the Conan rule set? Just looking for some info before considering getting the main source book.

The only content released so far for Conan 2d20 on FG are the tile sets. Developers say for months and months that things are in development, but nothing. If you purchase the ruleset, you better prepare to do your data entry, you will complete it faster than waiting for release.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Yeah it's been available for just over a year and only the maps have come out, and those have been met with mixed opinions. But the nice thing is it's easy to import your own stuff for FG, especially if you own the pdf's where you can just cut/paste the text.

As mentioned by @vegaserik, it's pretty easy to enter the NPC data you'd need for an adventure - if you have access to the source PDF. The ruleset comes with all the creatures from the Core Rules book. To be perfectly honest, if you have the adventures in PDF, and you're running the adventure using voice comms, then there's not much from the adventure that you need in Fantasy Grounds - add NPCs, add any special items (these are very rare), add a few pieces of flavor art (some of the artwork in the Conan products is amazing) and then find some maps for encounters - the adventures themselves don't contain that many maps for encounters (some don't contain any); an FG conversion of the adventure should contain just what's in the original product, so you're always going to be looking for maps to run the adventure encounters, even if you're running a (future) FG adventure.

So, yes it would be nice if some of the Conan 2d20 adventures are converted for Fantasy Grounds. But, for me, it's definitely not a "wait until more adventures come out before using" situation. I've been running a very enjoyable homebrew campaign - importing flavor images and NPC statblocks as needed from the Conan 2d20 product line PDFs and stealing bits from here and there to flesh out the campaign. The only adventure I used was "The Ghost of Thunder River" from Jeweled Thrones of Earth - a 19 page scenario from which I imported one map, four flavor images and 8 NPC stat blocks; then I created/found a bunch of maps for the various encounters as there were none in the scenario (which is common for Conan 2d20 products).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

initially I bought fantasy ground especially for the conan rules set and since the corebook, nothing ! I have the feeling that I have been cheated. I created a long campaign (imported on FG), I have all the extras PDF book (I did the kickstarter) and yet I was ready to pay for FG extensions, but nothing and above all no communication from FG or nerd eyes industrie !
    Luckily I have been able to play Alien and Vampire on FG since
    (sorry for my english i'm french ^^)

As dissapointing as it is to not see any new books officially becoming available for FG, the core system of Fantasy Grounds is such that you could enter all data from the new books into your FG campaign.
    Its time consuming, sure and I understand not everybody has time to do it, but look at it from the bright side:
    If you only enter stuff that you’re actually using in your Campaign, the work is much easier to crunch in. The core gameplay mechanics are already in the module. The additional stuff can be added manually. Just take it one step at a time.

Nerd Eye is only a handful (if that) of guys working at modules in their spare time as their hobby.
    But I agree they could (and should) be more communicative.
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Thread Information