DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Feature Request - Extended weapon trait support

It would be helpful if the Pathfinder 2 ruleset could allow for the addition of separate weapon damage rolls on the action tab of the character sheet. This would allow one-handed/two-handed rolls, and add support for the versatile (P/S/B) trait, rather than creating an entirely separate weapon.

If anyone is interested, I posted it here as well
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136674

I'll consider this for a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Good idea, voted for it right away.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

If you want to avoid multiple weapon entries you can use weapon effects.

The screenshot below shows examples of the weapon traits modular (effectively versatile for all three physical damage types) and two-handed use changing the damage dice. Turn the relevant effects on or off as needed.

It's a few extra clicks, but this will help reduce the number of weapon entries in the actions tab. In the future I'll consider more streamlined ways of handling these weapon traits.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 18th, 2021 at 14:51.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ooo I love this. This works and can help minimize the action tab clutter.

Trenloe, can you have both types of effects on the same weapon entry?

Example > Bastard Sword is both 1 handed and 2 handed and versatile.

So the One weapon could have the dmg 'types' and the two dmg entries on one weapon?
    Last edited by Larsenex; June 18th, 2021 at 17:11.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Trenloe, can you have both types of effects on the same weapon entry?

So the One weapon could have the dmg 'types' and the two dmg entries on one weapon?
    You can have as many effects on a weapon as you want - switch "on" the ones that are appropriate. Keep in mind that the effects only apply to an action with a weapon - attack or damage. So ATK, DMG and DMGTYPE are the main effects that can be applied directly to a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Bastard sword's are not versatile, if they were there would be no reason to ever use a longsword or greatsword.

VonBlashyrk, I know it was just an example that i was trying to think if a weapon had more than one trait.

For a Champion who can add a property to his weapon, would I also put the effect there?

Exmaple > Weapon is a +1 silver longsword.

The Champion wants to go with Disrupting at the start of the day.

Would I just open up his weapon and add Disrupting to the effects?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Oh, I see. On the staff's damage, you don't have any damage listed. So it only does the damage you select in the effect. That's neat.

Now all we need is the on/off button to act as a switch so that when one is turned on, the others automatically turn off.
    (a chap can dream....)
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Thread Information