Starfinder Playlist

db.xml filling with nul characters

Is there any inherent DB size limit?

My Gauntlight Campaign DB is currently 4.7MB for 95k lines and twice in the past month it has been corrupted around line 81K in the <settings. <token light> section. <id-00 is not terminated and the balance of the DB has been replaced with NULs. A lot of them.....

Needless to say, FGU cannot digest this content. LOL

Any thoughts, suggestions?

I've moved this post to it's own thread in the House of Healing - Unity sub-forum, which is the best place for reporting issues like this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Does this reproduce with a new campaign with no extensions? Sounds like it is probably caused by a flawed extension. From the launch window you can get to the console (top left button). From their a Compile Logs and attach logs here.

Other troubleshooting advice in my signature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolstaf View Post
    Is there any inherent DB size limit?

My Gauntlight Campaign DB is currently 4.7MB for 95k lines and twice in the past month it has been corrupted around line 81K in the <settings. <token light> section. <id-00 is not terminated and the balance of the DB has been replaced with NULs. A lot of them.....

Needless to say, FGU cannot digest this content. LOL

Any thoughts, suggestions?
    My world building DB is 10 MB but I found for games to run smoothly I need a DB for the session to be <3 MB and normally around 1 MB.

@Bolstaf - are you using any backup/cloud sync application on your Fantasy Grounds data?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ack.....

Nope, and the file is in the designated place in roaming\Smiteworks\Fantasy Grounds etc

I do manually copy the directory to a network attached storage drive just as a backup safety measure.
    Last edited by Bolstaf; June 17th, 2021 at 20:45.

On checking the previous corruption I found that it had a somewhat different profile: In that case the corruption was at line 41685 in the <token><fow><points> tag.

There is an array of points that abruptly changes to a continuous set of NULs for the balance of the file, all one line.
    Last edited by Bolstaf; June 17th, 2021 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    My world building DB is 10 MB but I found for games to run smoothly I need a DB for the session to be <3 MB and normally around 1 MB.
    The only downside that I have detected so far is that the initial GM load time is noticeably longer.

Thread Information