DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Class Creation Issues

So I've been working on creating a new custom class and I've run into an issue and I'm not sure exactly why or how to fix it. I can create a new character with the class that I've created and it properly distributes all the 1st level information (skills, proficiencies, features, etc.), but when I attempt to level the character beyond 1st level, none of the data from 2nd level and on populates into the Features section of the PC ability tab. I am able to take the character to 3rd level and select its specialization in the character level window, but even that isn't auto-populating in the Features section of the Abilities tab. I've gone through multiple times and checked to see that all the information is properly entered, levels properly distributed to each of the Features, specialization requirements added and spelling verified, and sifted through all the syntax and formatting, but still nothing. I've also attempted exporting the class as a module and then re-loading FGU and adding it as a module, and no change. Needless to say this is my first attempt at creating a new class, and I have watched about every video possible, thoroughly searched the forums (or so I think), and have used all the resources I can think of to try and solve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to FG.

Without seeing what you have done it's difficult to say (some screenshots would help - or attach your class here and we can look at it). If you are using the character wizard I'm not sure that it supports custom stuff much; so you may need to just drag and drop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My concern with linking the class is that it is the Blood Hunter (2020) by Matt Mercer that we don't have the permission to distribute. I'm just not sure why the previous version created by Spite works with the character wizard, but the one I built from the ground up does not.

Seems the drag and drop method works and applies the information correctly. Just confused why the level wizard doesn't work with mine

As I said I don't think the character wizard is fully up to speed with home-brewed content. When you create a class in fantasy grounds the xml for that class is structured differently from let's say a class in the PHB (or anything from an official book). That means that the wizard won't find the connections between the sub classes and abilities in a home-brewed class since those are not the same connections as are found in the PHB (and the wizard is based on the structure found in the PHB). If you want to see that in action compare the db.xml in the campaign that you created your class in with the db.xml code in the SRD data module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yea, I see what you mean. Thanks for the help! The drag-and-drop works, and even though I'd much prefer it to go through the Character Wizard for consistency, I'm just glad that I have a means of using my class now without having to manually add all the data each level up. You don't want to know how much time I spent trying to figure out how to make this work lol

Hopefully we might get more functionality and integration of custom creations in FGU, such as starting equipment, custom spellcasting tables, and character wizard implementation in the future.
    Last edited by Womack; June 17th, 2021 at 21:22.

Yeah, Smiteworks has said that the Character Wizard currently only supports the official WoTC classes and subclasses currently. There's ongoing work to expand it, but the developer was pushing to take care of all the current issues\problems before expanding beyond that (not to mention the rest of their workload). Anything outside "official" content is going to potentially run into issues or not function, while the drag and drop method for leveling will function normally as long as the class\subclass stuff is setup properly in your campaign.

Not sure this is the right place where to report my issue. Anyway, when I'm creating a new race or class/subclass that's not appearing in the player's list. Does anyone know how to make a newly created race or class/subclass appear in the player's list, please?

Blog Entries
    Share it. Players don't see things until they are shared.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information