DICE PACKS BUNDLE

converting alphas into shadowmaps

so i have some very detailed maps. and i have saved out alpha layers of all the walls.
    can i get a little advice on turning those into the in game map occlusion layers please.
    i am photoshop compitent btw, if that is relevant.

thank you hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by ebonythoma View Post
    When reading shadow maps in shading passes, we only need to you can also have the transparent depth in the color texture's alpha channel, I use index of object as float as conversion to A8 channel is simpler to decode.
    NomNom
    can you please explain that to me like im a moron?

@ebonythoma posted 2 minutes after joining, and their post is pretty nonsensical. So I'm 99% sure they're a spammer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

yeah im kinda wondering where my IQ went since i cant understand a damned thing there at all.

Blog Entries
    As to your original question, occludes have to be vectors/points, so you need a way of turning your alpha elements into a combination of points defining the element end points and then the type of occulder you want (wall, window, door, etc). I have no idea how one might do that in Photoshop since I believe everything it does is raster. But not sure even that is true. So only help I can do is to point you into trying to figure out how you can get point/vector information out of what you have already.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As to your original question, occludes have to be vectors/points, so you need a way of turning your alpha elements into a combination of points defining the element end points and then the type of occulder you want (wall, window, door, etc). I have no idea how one might do that in Photoshop since I believe everything it does is raster. But not sure even that is true. So only help I can do is to point you into trying to figure out how you can get point/vector information out of what you have already.
    i believe i have that part sorted yessir.

Thread Information