5E Character Create Playlist

LFP 3-4 players, Mon/Tue/Fri/Sun open, 6-10 CDT, Pathfinder 1

License: I have Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate. (players only need demo)
    Time: Central US Time Zone, ~6pm-10pm, Night negotiable between joiners, I have Mon/Tue/Fri/Sun open
    Term: Long Term
    Voice: Discord

Game System: Pathfinder 1
    Game System Experience: None required
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: None Required
    (I have no problems teaching)

Characters: (see below)

About the GM:
    I'm and old gamer, having played D&D since '77, but truly learned how to DM when I hit college. Did a lot of DM'ing @ GenCon for RPGA events in the mid 90's until I '04. Have had multiple long term campaigns in different campaign systems, Basic -> 3/3.5, Alternity, and currently Pathfinder 1.

I designed this game and story arcs for my teenager to get in involved in my hobby, knowing he was new to the rules. There will be no character creation as all characters for the game are pre-generated. This is like how they used to run RPGA classic events when I was DM’ing at GenCon . However I enjoy character building, so there are almost 75 characters available to choose from. I am running it this way so that anyone who has never played Pathfinder 1 rules can still just immediately jump right in. I’d say the game is 50/50 role play vs roll play, but my style tilts a little towards role play on occasion. For example, characters are personality first, then statistics/development choices. The game is on a unique world build up from decades of playing, and comes with some unique rules tweaks and alterations. These are primarily for the world setting. There is a basic underlying world plot that can be discovered by the players. The firest few adventures are set but it is mostly turn into a sandbox style game, moving in the direction the players desire.

Roster:
    Currently have ~ 6 prospects for a Monday evening game. Thank you for your interest.

Will post if a slot opens up.
    Last edited by InfoStorm; June 24th, 2021 at 02:51.

Maybe I can entire more with info from the setting:

The Setup for the players:

All of the characters, and a large number of others, are all members of the same gang in the city. The populace knows this gang as "Calver's Do-Good’ers"; though everyone in the gang, especially its leader Calver, hate the name.* Their hangout is in a two story*abandoned warehouse (100 yards x 50 yards) that they long ago cleaned up. Calver actually owns the warehouse, no one knows how. Calver over the last few months has had them working on recovering the use of a large apartment building that is next to the warehouse.* Why have everyone been doing this? Some enjoy helping, some enjoy exploring ruined buildings, and some want to look good, while others do it as a fee for a safe place to hang out away from more violent gangs. Calver's gang is probably the largest gang in the city, but because they keep to themselves and haven't attempted to take over the territory of other gangs, they run into very little trouble. Also, due to their size, no other gang has attempted to take over their warehouse or neighboring buildings.* The gang is on neutral terms with two of the three neighboring gangs, the Wharf Rats and the Club of Critics. The last neighboring gang has some of the nastiest kids in the city who occasionally cause problems. They are particularly fond of singling out people and beating them up. The only thing that keeps them at bay are Calver's axes, his trained war hound Tyrant, and the large size of "elite's" in the gang.* The elites, some*hundred people in number, are but one fifth of the gang with maybe forty of them working on being accepted into the city guard. The “elite's" not looking at being members of the guard are some of the more talented youth in the city from all walks of life. The remaining are every day kids who look forward to being bakers, net makers, dock hands and so on. Most are mere children, abandoned orphans, with a few whose parents simply don't have time for them. Keeping the orphans fed is the largest drain on the income the gang members can scrounge.

The Beginning:
    Yesterday was the grand festival to celebrate the*Autumnal Solstice.* Everyone is still full from the free food given to all at the main square, or from their own celebrations at their homes, monasteries, etc.**The recovery of the Skyview apartment block is going well.**In the large central common area, the garden in left half has had its winter vegetables planted, while the right half is being turned into a small nature park.*Over twenty families have already moved into the building along the south wall apartments, which were the least damaged.* Calver finally found a landlord that he likes*who willing to buy to complex from the city, so long as you all help clean up the rest of the building.**Rumors are that Calver will get a nice sized reward*from*the sale as part of a city program to recover abandoned structures.*Construction crews arrived this morning in good spirits themselves to start repairs on the eastern wall. Gilurt didn't even lose his temper with them so good was the mood in the gang.**The work pace today was slower than normal for all with*people constantly stopping and talking about yesterday's celebrations.* It didn't help that Bretton distracted everyone when he started juggling garden tools to entertain some kids, and then Priss started singing.* Still, it was a good day.* As the sun started to head towards the horizon,*people’s moods started settling back towards normal as people prepared to head home in the usual groups for protection.* Your group, having residences in the same area started walking*Sunwall*Rd, discussing the usual issue while heading home, funds and items you need.*This was an especially*popular topic today with some of you being flush with coins acquired during the festivals yesterday.* Good thing there are a number of shops are on this road.

i dunno if your adding more because of lack of response but just incase i can reply about why i didn't reply. i am 100% not interested in playing a pre-made character in a long term game. that might be turning players away or might just be me.

Likewise.

Half the game is creating your own character.

Same I was interested until I saw the pre-gen character thing. That's fine for a one shot but I think you will have a lot of difficulty finding a whole group who would be interested in playing pregens for a long term game

im not thrilled about the pregen but i can see why a GM would do it and i could be intrested but i would wanna see the Chars i have to choose from and know there backstory's ......and how fixated are you about how the characters are how much alteration are you willing to allow

To those who might be interested, I designed the basis of the campaign with the original intent of getting my kid and his friends on joining. Knowing that the didn't know the rules of the software, I wrote up the details on a setting I have been using for years, and populated it with a large cast of possibilities. I'm a more plot oriented DM, it isn't just a series of fights, and I like focusing the plot on the characters. I intend on this leaning towards a sandbox, with some secret plot(s) around. If it were Paizo modules, book 1 is written, other books are not, yet. If you are interested, drop me a line, I hope to start soon.

Currently full, will update if a slot opens up.

Thread Information