DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New Kobold Press Module Scarlet Citadel

Hi, Just loaded up the new module and noticed that there are no story pins on any of the player maps. The DM maps neither (they do have the room numbers though), but I hardly use those. It's a bit tricky to describe the areas and navigate players around the maps without them.

Secondly, none of the encounters NPCs have been added to the map, so they will have to added manually, as it stands.

Could (should) they be added?
    Last edited by spoonhead; June 16th, 2021 at 18:24.

I've just received my copy and am very disappointed to hear this. Hopefully it's an oversight that'll get sorted soon? What you describe as missing is surely the minimum requirement for publishing a FGU module and not optional extras?
    Last edited by Ludd_G; June 16th, 2021 at 18:30.

I've alerted the developer.

Please report here in future - just so I don't miss things https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2021)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for chasing this up. Much appreciated!

I'm the dev on Scarlet Citadel. The pins are an issue between starting the project in Classic and bringing it into Unity. The missing encounters on the maps are completely my oversight. I'll fire up the project and get those fixed asap. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Minxdobby69

I have a question about this module. How do you intend for the level 2 overlay map to be used. For example area 202, the players enter the room and the vats inside the room might become broken, the results of which are shown on the overlay map. How do you show that to the players if they are on the normal, non-overlay map.

I think I'm missing something as to how these overlays are supposed to work. The small overlays seem understandable but an entire map of overlays, that isn't in multiple parts, is baffling me. Thanks!

Hi DM_BK. I'm the dev on Scarlet Citadel. From your post I assume you're using Classic if the maps are giving you problems. Unfortunately, Classic can't handle overlays so it was a choice between having a ton of individual overlay versions for each map (especially for the 2nd level) and poor performance for users. Performance for users won out (as all of the maps are very large). So to use the overlay 'options' within classic you'll have to hop from the plain map to the overlay map depending on what the players do or just stay on the original map. Cheers.

Hi Minxdobby69

Was it intended to have the maps-with-overlays as having multiple layers in FGU?

At the moment I just have two versions of the map, one with no overlays, and the other will the overlays on but all already flattened into the map background layer. It would be awesome if we could have them as unflattened extra layers to turn on and off - it sounds like maybe that was your intention? If it was, something has got messed up in the process of taking the module through the export procedure. I vaguely recall reading something about layers getting flattened on export but my Google skills weren't up to finding it - anyone know if this is something FGU currently supports?

Cheers, Hywel

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 15.05.05.jpg

Indeed it was intended to have layers...but you are correct. Being created in Classic and ported over to Unity, then the major update to 4.1 mid-stride seems to have flattened the layers. I'll get to work on a fix for this asap. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thread Information