5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Misleading FG Store Entries

I strongly feel that entries in the FG store should be edited to reflect what really comes with the ruleset/module/etc.

Using the new Pirates of Drinax entry in the FG store, it is implied that you will also get a slipcase, three hardbacks and a poster map.

There are so many entries that are like this. It seems like SmiteWorks could invest a few minutes in removing those entries or just editing the line removing slipcase and hardback and change it to three virtual books and a digital map.

Incidentally, in the line:

The Pirates if Drinax comes in an attractive slipcase, with three hardbacks and a poster:

The if should be of.

Yeah, some minor editing instead of just copy/pasting the back of the package description would be a good idea.

Thank you for the report. I have relayed this to our product coordinator.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Blog Entries
    I want a poster map

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not sure its misleading really. Nothing in FG is physical so if you are expecting to get a physical book you are misleading yourself.

However, the store information should be edited to reflect what you are getting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Not sure its misleading really. Nothing in FG is physical so if you are expecting to get a physical book you are misleading yourself.

However, the store information should be edited to reflect what you are getting.
    It's downright sloppy when an awful lot of FG Store descriptions are wholesale copy/pasted from DriveThruRPG. Very noticeable on the D&D Classics lineup where we have the "RPG Historian" text in addition to the normal sales pitch and bullet points. But in cases like this where it's copy/pasted and gives the impression you'll be receiving physical products along with the DLC? Yeah, that's misleading in addition to sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    It's downright sloppy when an awful lot of FG Store descriptions are wholesale copy/pasted from DriveThruRPG. Very noticeable on the D&D Classics lineup where we have the "RPG Historian" text in addition to the normal sales pitch and bullet points. But in cases like this where it's copy/pasted and gives the impression you'll be receiving physical products along with the DLC? Yeah, that's misleading in addition to sloppy.
    Who makes those pages? I know the community developers upload the screen shots, is it part of the description for the product?

Developers don't update the store pages with anything.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    We're supposed to write up a store page as an RTF document. At least that's what I have been told more than once from QA so I do it every time. I have to presume that a lot of the newer (those who came on in the initial 2E times and sooner) are not familiar with any "protocol" and don't submit a store page writeup? I can't think of any other excuse for the outright copypasta we see from time to time. Or, possibly more likely, the new devs (specifically for 2E here) are submitting the writeup as a full copy/paste of the DriveThru writeup not realizing they shouldn't be copying the "RPG Historian" stuff. Having said that, QA should be, y'know, QA-ing that stuff before it goes live.
    Last edited by Talyn; July 5th, 2021 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    We're supposed to write up a store page as an RTF document. At least that's what I have been told more than once from QA so I do it every time. I have to presume that a lot of the newer (those who came on in the initial 2E times and sooner) are not familiar with any "protocol" and don't submit a store page writeup? I can't think of any other excuse for the outright copypasta we see from time to time. Or, possibly more likely, the new devs (specifically for 2E here) are submitting the writeup as a full copy/paste of the DriveThru writeup not realizing they shouldn't be copying the "RPG Historian" stuff. Having said that, QA should be, y'know, QA-ing that stuff before it goes live.
    That s funny cause i was asked to provide the drivethru description in the RTF file... I think all 2E module description have been redacted though.

But if i am allowed to write something i will... ha!
    Last edited by readymeal; July 6th, 2021 at 14:48.

Thread Information