DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Why are my tokens so blurry?

See the attached images. Basically this only affects player character tokens. When I add custom tokens for NPCs, they load perfect quality. I have no issues with map image quality, no issues with NPCs- just the player characters. Look here:

PC tokens (looks great in preview??): https://imgur.com/a/tc5lRof

So the previews show the image properly, but when viewed at the character panel, or on a map it literally looks like 50 pixels.

WHY??????? It doesn't seem to be a compressing issue- because my NPC tokens, of all different sizes compress and look lovely

I would understand if it was happening to every asset, but the NPCs load perfectly fine: https://imgur.com/a/AyY7MDs

Please explain how to fix this. Its so annoying- especially with all the effort gone into the tokens.

Welcome to the FG forums.

When a portrait is assigned to a PC, FG creates a token based off the portrait file - the size is quite small (around 70x70 pixels off the top of my head). If you want to use something with more pixels, drag/drop a token to the token slot on the PC sheet, or the PC entry in the combat tracker - - overwriting the auto generated one; then drag that token from the combat tracker to the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What size are those squares on the map? If you have squares sizes in pixels that are bigger than the pixels in the token the token will have to be scaled up which would look like that. Generally you need to keep you squares (in pixels) smaller than your token size (in pixels). If I had to guess I would guess 100ish+ square with <= 100 pixel token.

You can see if that is your issue by halving the grid size and re-dropping the tokens from the combat tracker.

Grid size doesn't really have much to do with whether the tokens look blurred - it's the zoom level of the image. If you zoom in so that the number of pixels on the screen are more than the pixels in the token, then that can lead to blurring.

@keatonphoenix02 - see if what I mention (adding the token to the PC after adding the portrait) makes a difference.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Being zoomed in too far and the grid size being larger than the pixel size of a token are basically the same thing (though the algorithms used to up size the token might be different).

Trust me, my 32 pixel medium sized monster tokens are not pretty in FGU regardless of zoom...

Thread Information