DICE PACKS BUNDLE

issue with deleting points in occuluders

After the update Friday, deleting points changed up. If I make a wall, then make a window or door, then drop a line on either side of the wall inside the door/window, I would double click, remove points then click the point that is left and delete. Now I have to click and delete three times before it goes away. And it gets even more hunky with windows and stretching the corners (to make a diagonal window) and removing points.
    This never happened before. If it is intended, I would love to know how they want me to make windows and doors, as this is driving me batty...

According to a discussion on Discord an extremely important point missed from the above is that the user has a mac.

I'm not seeing this behaviour on Windows. Another mac user on DIscord also confirmed seeing what the OP is seeing.

So just for further info - what is happening is that a wall is drawn and then a door is then drawn on top of the wall. A short wall section is then drawn bisecting the wall inside the door. At this point normally double clicking on a point on the small section selects all the points and delete then deletes all but the point where the lines intersect. Clicking on this point and deleting it removes the line inside the door. It is at this point that the OP has difficulty in deleting.

I don't really understand the problem about windows from the description given.

@macSsinfo - when I said give as much detail as possible in your post I actually meant that you should walk the devs through the exact steps that you are following. I don't think there's enough info in your post really. Even a screenshot or two would be helpful.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ok, thanks Zaccheus. I wasn't being deliberately unclear, though I don't know what else to add. this happens when trying to delete points using a "workflow" (described by Zaccheus accurately above). thx for looking into this, because currently it is rather tough to add doors and windows on to maps...

I'm not sure I fully get what's happening but if I'm reading it right you could, as a workaround, zoom in and drag a box around the point. That should select all the points at that vertex if there are multiples.
    I tend to do it that way anyway.
    --
    I'm so bassic

I've tried to replicate what you've stated but I'm afraid I wasn't able to. Don't forget that if you're using the trackpad, sometimes the silent click may be considered dragging in FGU - which it would "draw" various occluders instead of a straight line. If you're using a mouse (other than magic mouse) then everything should be fine.
    My Forge Stuff: (click and you'll go there )

-----------------------------
    Discord: @mtprimo • Ultimate License Holder • FGU Community Dev & Forge Crafter • Marketing & Designer • Brazilian
    Owner of Aqui Existem Dragões, a company focused on adapting TTRPG content to digital/VTT ready content.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    I've tried to replicate what you've stated but I'm afraid I wasn't able to. Don't forget that if you're using the trackpad, sometimes the silent click may be considered dragging in FGU - which it would "draw" various occluders instead of a straight line. If you're using a mouse (other than magic mouse) then everything should be fine.
    thx. that does indeed work. still doesn't explain why all of a sudden multiple points are appearing, but at least it isn't driving me crazy... glad the workaround is there for us Mac users...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macDsinfo View Post
    After the update Friday, deleting points changed up. If I make a wall, then make a window or door, then drop a line on either side of the wall inside the door/window, I would double click, remove points then click the point that is left and delete. Now I have to click and delete three times before it goes away. And it gets even more hunky with windows and stretching the corners (to make a diagonal window) and removing points.
    This never happened before. If it is intended, I would love to know how they want me to make windows and doors, as this is driving me batty...

Is this error still occurring for you?

Thread Information