DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Duplicated
    Last edited by CaMac Al Stac; June 26th, 2021 at 21:08.

I wrote an xml module. I structure it all in excel and then paste it into notepad and save as xml and then bundle as a mod with other mod file. Doing it that way it is not too much work (especially since I had the excel created already). Essentially, I am just imitating the structure of Dakadin's and Ardem's files. Once you have the template for your first crit table, attack table, skill, spell list or such set up it becomes pretty easy as I just paste the new whatever into the mod file, rebundle and the new mod auto-loads. So far, for things like races, monsters, npcs, and items I use the in tool menus to create new. Anything that requires lots of typing I do in a mod since I find the font size and typing to be much less easy to work with in the tool than outside. Professions I've only done in the tool as I'm still debating the benefit of making a template and doing a bunch of them as a mod upload. I have many in excel but since I just started using FGU my players (Force Mage, Paladin, Moon Mage, Warrior Mage, + some core professions) haven't needed new professions since I converted them over to FGU yet - just every so often a few of the NPCs require me to add a new Profession.

By the way Dakadin I love the updated character tab on NPC's - that really works well - especially for familiars that go up in levels too with the player. And now my special NPC's can use their special stats for static man. rolls and such. And the "Apply" buttons to the attack and crit tables are so much easier since I don't have to find the npc in a long list of the combat tracker or the clutter of npcs on the map. I'm not sure if there is a thread that discusses new features for RMC after releases but those are the two I've found so far and they are very useful.

Yeah, I never got around to making a thread for the new features. The Apply button is a huge time saver especially when combined with the NPC sheet when doing RRs. Combats are much faster in my games now.

I've done the same thing using Excel to create things for FG in the past but some of the sidebar items are much easier than going with that approach. The skills will work in a module but there isn't currently a way to set them as primary or secondary so they all default to secondary which works with RMC but it is something that I need to change to provide more flexibility for GMs. The nice thing is the professions will automatically include the new skills so you just have to add the costs to the professions.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information