DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Intimidation Skill

Hey..

Does RM have a skill that is the equivalent of intimidation? i don't think they do.

anyone have a work around? Stat roll?

In the base RM the skill does not exist as such.

There was a discussion on this exact topic on the ICE Discord server a few days ago.

I think some of the people were leaning toward Seduction, maybe with interrogation mixed in, or perhaps a PR check of some sort.

One of the comments:

I think intimidation can be handled using different stats and/or skills, depending on the circumstances as suggested above. I think the GM has to think on their feet and just go with what feels right at the time.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    In the base RM the skill does not exist as such.

There was a discussion on this exact topic on the ICE Discord server a few days ago.

I think some of the people were leaning toward Seduction, maybe with interrogation mixed in, or perhaps a PR check of some sort.

One of the comments:
    Quite an interesting discussion and plenty of different ideas. I think the crux was that there are plenty of different ways of intimidating, so the stat bonus or skill used should reflect this. Interrogation, duping, diplomacy and seduction could all be used in different circumstances. Maybe a straightforward presence or even strength bonus, depending on the situation. A huge troll, a zealous scripture citing priest and a halfling noble can all be intimidating for different reasons so (as the erudite person Sulimo quoted said) just go with what feels right.

ICE Discord Server? what is this discord server of which you speak and how do i get invited to it?

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    ICE Discord Server? what is this discord server of which you speak and how do i get invited to it?
    Follow this link.

ICE RM Arms Companion #1120 has Intimidation skill. Pr/Re. Verbal or physical and RR vs ranks based. Some modifiers as is common in RM. As mentioned above, similar to seduction.

That actually leads to my next question.

i can input the skill into the system under the "skills" tab. but that doesn't mean it shows up in the list of primary or secondary skills in the base rules in the library. is there a way to get it into there or do you need to create another module to load more skills into the primary/secondary skill lists?

No, unfortunately at this point it will only show up in the campaign skills list. Those tables are pulling from a very specific spot. They should show up when adding all secondary skills though. One other current limitation is new skills will be secondary skills. I need to redesign this whole system and maintain backward compatibility.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

For what it's worth...since Primary DPs are so limited it's probably best not to create too many more Primary skills in my opinion.

I uploaded all the RMC II skills and a bunch from the other various companions since the variety and specialization it allows each of my players and NPC's is a big part of the RM fun for me as a GM and I thought would be worth the effort to add. I added them all to a single mod of just skills and then use the options which increase the secondary DPs per level to reflect the much more expansive list of skills I expect my players to have. So it was fine with me that they all come in as secondary skills.

did you actually write a module in xml or did you enter them into the skills tab under their own header then export to module?

Thread Information