Starfinder Playlist

Player connection error

trying to help my brother to connect to FGII

He is able to connect to a server that I set up, but receives the following error message -

Script Error:[string"scripts/identityselection_entry_base.lua"]:18: Specified identity already requested

When trying to connect to a game hosted by SirJoe, he was either completely unable to connect or would crash out whilst the game was loading (after character selection)

He is using a linksys WAG54g wireless router which we have forwarded all the relevant ports for, disabled his windows firewall and generally done all the usual stuff to solve firewall issues.

Obviously, he is a bit frustrated at having bought a game that he is unable to play properly, any ideas on how he can get it working would be warmly appreciated,

thanks,

B.

Network should not be a problem since he is not hosting the game. I would suggest trying to connect using a different username, and creating a new character. It looks to me like there's a conflict with either of these in the campaign database.

Agree with Hamish. Players don't usually need to fiddle with *anything*. The error you posted makes it sound as if he was trying to select an open character at the same time as someone else, or he crashed out and tried to log back in before the server had timed him out and the server thought the character was still in use. What type of connection does your brother have?

From what you have said I would tell your brother not to panic. I would suggest you have him connect to a different game and see if he has the same problems.

hey,

he's on a broadband connection. trying a new character fixed the problem connecting to my server - still doesn't explain how he couldn't connect to the other game at all (except one for a few seconds before crashing out - with no warnings or error messages at all).

Most of the time the problem is with the host in the case of player connection problems. However, if everyone else in the game didn't have a problem then that is different.

The weak link on your brother's end is the wireless. If at all possible, it would be better to use a wired connection. If that is not possible then have him make sure the computer is right next to the router and see if it makes a differance.

update

well - he sorted out all his ports etc and the DM fixed up his network (realised that he was actually having some issues after all) and everything seems to be working fine now,

thanks for all the help,

take care,

B.

Thread Information