5E Character Create Playlist

Default Window Position

Maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to remember an extension that can set the default position that new Story, NPC, Image, etc. windows appear. I've looked but cannot find it.

Anyone remember this and know what it's called? I'm using two monitors and it's annoying that new windows always appear halfway between monitors.

Thanks for any help!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Might be this one https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...G-SingleWindow

There was something called sticky windows but I think the author of that one deleted it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Those extensions limit the number of windows of a type that can be open at a time. They do not change the default position a window opens at.

Thanks though!

Ok, try this one then. Don’t know if it still works in unity https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...er-X-Extension

Bear in mind as well that certain windows always open in the middle of the screen, like PC selection.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Bear in mind as well that certain windows always open in the middle of the screen, like PC selection.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to change.

The window-saver extension won't help. It only helps with windows that have already been opened.

Hi,

I'm not sure it helps, but I use Single Window, and when I'm setting up a campaign I open each of the windows I want to interact with (Story, Spells, NPCs, Effects etc) resize and reposition them to where I want them. I then drag the label/button on the right hand display to an F-key quick-slot along the bottom, which acts as a toggle to open/close that window, which at this point always re-opens in the last position it was in before being closed. Personally I size and position all these windows on top of each other as I've not yet needed to reference more than one at a time, but holding down shift allows me to open more windows of the same type if needed (I've also tweaked Single Window to not affect Images so they will always open in their own window).

I also use Open On Turn and have my PCs and NPCs sheets next to each other, opening automatically as the turn advances in the CT. For my DMing this works really well. I also have the CT on F2 quick-slot and place it over the top half of the chat-box, so using F2 I am able to hid or reveal it really easily. Not sure if this fits in with your workflow, but it affords me a very tidy and functional desktop, with the ability to quickly open and close any of the major windows I interact with. I'm lucky in that I use 2 ultrawide monitors, and so am able to keep the map open on the second monitor without losing screen real-estate., but dragging the map to a hotkey would allow a quick reveal and hide of that too, with out changing its size or position.

I then copy this campaign and use copies as the basis of whatever campaign I'm starting, so, apart from a few adjustments for Theme or accidently moving a window, my windows are always opening where I set them up.

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; June 13th, 2021 at 16:57.

Thread Information