5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Unity crashed, lost everything in current campaign?

Hi guys and gals,

FG Unity crashed while I was loading in a campaign I've been running for a while. I've reinstalled it, loaded the campaign but there are no characters available. I've tried importing and searching for them but can't find anything. Where do I need to look? How do I load the campaign and be sure that everything else is okay?

Cheers,

Jed

Please provide a screenshot of the <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> directory - showing details (file sizes and dates). Then we can identify which session/backup file to use. Also, before doing any changes, make a backup of this directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Make sure you've made a copy of the complete directory.

Then, without FG running, delete db.xml (shown as db in the list). Then make a copy of db.session.20210612.xml and rename that to db.xml. You'll probably find it easier if you go to the windows explorer view menu and click "File name Extensions" to show the .xml.

Then load up FG. Hopefully most of your data will be back.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perfect, many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jed Shields View Post
    Perfect, many thanks
    You're very welcome! Glad you got back up and running.

Thread Information