DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, I was aware of what you meant. I think you may be misunderstanding however what those lights are. As the name suggests those are token lights; and are therefore meant to be added to a token rather than directly onto a map. You would add such presets either directly from the effects dialog or from an effect on the character sheet. Something like a campfire is the kind of light you would place directly on a map - rather than on a token.
    Yeah I figured that's the issue. I was led astray by the preset window of the lights dialog being the same presets as the ones for token lights. Gonna be cumbersome placing custom lights in maps if I can't add things to the light dialog presets

I think what you might be missing is you could set up one custom light's parameters and then just "stamp" that light down where ever you need it.

What I think is probably desirable for lights placed on the map is the ability to copy/paste a light. When adding lights I will create a light for a particular room or location and then place all the lights of that type that I want. However if I miss one - or move onto another map in the same dungeon and want to recreate that same light it is a wee bit footery. I can copy paste the colour ok but I need to put the same parameters in again etc. So having the ability to place a light and then copy and paste that into a different location would be handy for those kinds of scenarios.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What I think is probably desirable for lights placed on the map is the ability to copy/paste a light. When adding lights I will create a light for a particular room or location and then place all the lights of that type that I want. However if I miss one - or move onto another map in the same dungeon and want to recreate that same light it is a wee bit footery. I can copy paste the colour ok but I need to put the same parameters in again etc. So having the ability to place a light and then copy and paste that into a different location would be handy for those kinds of scenarios.
    This is my point/issue exactly! I didn't know you can't even copy and paste them, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to also adjust and save my own light sources and then just pick from a list. I don't want to be re-making the exact same light source for every map.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Straikkeri View Post
    This is my point/issue exactly! I didn't know you can't even copy and paste them, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to also adjust and save my own light sources and then just pick from a list. I don't want to be re-making the exact same light source for every map.
    Because lighting is new.

FYI,
    The generally accepted practice for (Agile) software development is to initially release minimal viable product (MVP). i.e. get out a new function with just enough function to make it usable for your customers. Of course, what constitutes MVP is always debatable. Copying and saving light presets is probably not MVP for most users, but it does not mean it shouldn't be done. How the developers know what should be added after MVP is to listen to the community. One of their primary ways to listen to the community for feature enhancements is the Wish List, link in Mr Z's signature.

The ability to save lights is on the wish list here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135925

I've added the copy/paste idea here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136648

edit: p.s. while you are there, check the other ideas and vote for those you feel strongest about!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Because lighting is new.

FYI,
    The generally accepted practice for (Agile) software development is to initially release minimal viable product (MVP). i.e. get out a new function with just enough function to make it usable for your customers. Of course, what constitutes MVP is always debatable. Copying and saving light presets is probably not MVP for most users, but it does not mean it shouldn't be done. How the developers know what should be added after MVP is to listen to the community. One of their primary ways to listen to the community for feature enhancements is the Wish List, link in Mr Z's signature.

The ability to save lights is on the wish list here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135925

I've added the copy/paste idea here; https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136648

edit: p.s. while you are there, check the other ideas and vote for those you feel strongest about!
    Ah thank you for the links. I'm actually a software developer myself so what you're saying makes perfect sense. I've only started learning FGU less than two weeks ago, so I'm a bit fuzzy on what's the status of everything. I've only seen two features that break on the slightest touch, the other being the character wizard and the other the marching order thing. It's good to know things are being actively worked on and the lighting saving thing might be coming down the road

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Straikkeri View Post
    A It's good to know things are being actively worked on and the lighting saving thing might be coming down the road
    Welcome Lots to be aware of if interested.

Checkout the City Hall sub-forum and you will see that the devs are pushing out updates to one thing or another all the time. Content updates happen weekly. Five core program updates since May 13th (all about vision and lighting). And a couple of ruleset updates as well in that time period (to support vision and lighting).

And, when you have ideas for enhancements, make sure they get recorded on the Wish List (and discussed in the forums as needed). https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome Lots to be aware of if interested.

Checkout the City Hall sub-forum and you will see that the devs are pushing out updates to one thing or another all the time. Content updates happen weekly. Five core program updates since May 13th (all about vision and lighting). And a couple of ruleset updates as well in that time period (to support vision and lighting).

And, when you have ideas for enhancements, make sure they get recorded on the Wish List (and discussed in the forums as needed). https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Thanks for that! Didn't take me too long to end up making my first suggestion relating to Mask Sensitive Visibility. Check it out if you're interested: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136660

Thread Information