5E Character Create Playlist

Lightning, lights get bugged when image is duplicated?

Hi
    I make a map, I place the lights, etc.
    Then I decide to duplicate the map to make a variation, and...oh surprise! in the new image all the work in lightning is off, lights are in place but nothing works, spend one hour looking at all the tiny UI things, click-click-click, on-off-on, search google, watch a video...and the time I had to prepare my session is gone figthing with the software, thank you FGU!
    Let's play the game of the differences, please see the attached images, the original map on the right side, the copy on the left side, both with a PC token holding a torch selected
    FGU_Light_sucks_02.png
    FGU_Light_sucks_01.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    Hi
    I make a map, I place the lights, etc.
    Then I decide to duplicate the map to make a variation, and...oh surprise! in the new image all the work in lightning is off, lights are in place but nothing works, spend one hour looking at all the tiny UI things, click-click-click, on-off-on, search google, watch a video...and the time I had to prepare my session is gone figthing with the software, thank you FGU!
    Let's play the game of the differences, please see the attached images, the original map on the right side, the copy on the left side, both with a PC token holding a torch selected
    FGU_Light_sucks_02.png
    FGU_Light_sucks_01.png
    Hello.
    No reason to bash the software.
    In your copied map try to cycle the eye symbol of the Teatro-... layer. That changes the visibility of the layer and is different from your original image.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Hello.
    No reason to bash the software.
    In your copied map try to cycle the eye symbol of the Teatro-... layer. That changes the visibility of the layer and is different from your original image.
    thank you for the reply trying to help, image duplicated again, eye icon exactly in the same state, no difference with previous sample
    FGU_Light_sucks_03.png
    Regarding bashing the software, excuse me but a software that everytime you use it, the interaction makes you feel angry and frustrated must have something wrong in his design

Regarding bashing the software, excuse me but a software that everytime you use it, the interaction makes you feel angry and frustrated must have something wrong in his design
    A design philosophy can't please everyone. But we get nowhere here.

I can replicate your issue. You need to reload the campaign for it to show on the copied image.

Yep, right, if after duplicating the image I close the software and launch again the campaign, the lights work as intended.
    Thanks for the help, I would have never imagined that closing and opening the software would be part of the interaction design philosophy

Sorry if the tone of previous messages was upset, actually this morning I was thinking about it. Doesn't has sense to use a tool that makes you angry.
    After two years of using FGclassic and FGU the software is still a stone in the shoe. I was hoping FGU will upgrade the experience, but is not the case and last major update make it even more annoying to use.
    So I think is time for me to move on and look for software alternatives

I would have never imagined that closing and opening the software would be part of the interaction design philosophy
    I'm sure it's not part of the design philosophy.

@Zarestia was just trying to help get you working quickly.

Restarting is definitely a work around in my eyes.

Thanks for reporting, I'm sure the devs will pick this up and ask for any further information if needed.

If you do move on, hope you find what you're looking for.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is a bug. I've filed for our image developer to look at.

You could also try selecting all the lights and move slightly to force an update as a workaround.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information