DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Making new monster tools.

I've found the paraphrase extension but I'm been having a hard time finding a good p2e monster maker. Plan to use Grim hollow Etheris for my next campaign and heed to make some horror based monsters. Tried to find converts for 5e and p1e converters but no luck so far.
    Availability: Tuesdays and Wednesday
    Time zone: Eastern time. GMT-5 USA
    Ultimate license user

Yeah. I am not sure if anyone has done that yet. Might be something out there and I am sure someone will come around if there is and show you were to get it, but without that, I'd consider just starting with a creature that emulates some or most of what you want that creature to be and then adjust accordingly to finish it. 5E products, I think, are going to be very hard to convert directly as the two system are pretty divergent. That said, I have done quite a bit of converting old modules for new use and you'll find that once you get a feel for what balances out PF2 creatures to appropriate CR ratings, it goes pretty smoothly. There's even some real freedom in designing powers and abilities for PF2 to create interesting twists and unexpected surprises within this second edition.

There are a lot of terrific people out here willing to give more detailed advice as you start to really examine how to craft these creatures, so if you run into any difficulties, you'll find plenty of suggestions here.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Going to do this by making pcs into npcs for now. Least for boss fights and use normal monsters for fodder. But ShadeRaven I really appreciate the info though.

I did find this. Wish there be a tutorial to use this effectively.

https://monster.pf2.tools/
    Last edited by belkasro; June 11th, 2021 at 22:36.
    Ultimate license user

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Yeah. I am not sure if anyone has done that yet. Might be something out there and I am sure someone will come around if there is and show you were to get it, but without that, I'd consider just starting with a creature that emulates some or most of what you want that creature to be and then adjust accordingly to finish it. 5E products, I think, are going to be very hard to convert directly as the two system are pretty divergent. That said, I have done quite a bit of converting old modules for new use and you'll find that once you get a feel for what balances out PF2 creatures to appropriate CR ratings, it goes pretty smoothly. There's even some real freedom in designing powers and abilities for PF2 to create interesting twists and unexpected surprises within this second edition.

There are a lot of terrific people out here willing to give more detailed advice as you start to really examine how to craft these creatures, so if you run into any difficulties, you'll find plenty of suggestions here.
    Noticed one odd thing about using the npcs on the combat tracker from the bestiary 1 through 3. Like using a red dragon breath attack does not work. Only like a handful of monsters are automated. Heck some monsters show up on the combat tracker doesn't even show any attacks or effects for saves or effects to be placed.
    Last edited by belkasro; June 12th, 2021 at 09:23. Reason: Typo
    Ultimate license user

Quote Originally Posted by belkasro View Post
    Noticed one odd thing about using the npcs on the combat tracker from the bestiary 1 through 3. Like using a red dragon breath attack does not work. Only like a handful of monsters are automated. Heck some monsters show up on the combat tracker doesn't even show any attacks or effects for saves or effects to be placed.
    Automation in B1 and B2 is currently up to level 10 I think, B3 should have automation for all levels. Note: automation will only be present for abilities that can actually be automated via the ruleset functionality.

If you have any specific issues with the PF2 DLC please report, with details (specifics please) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...C-issue-thread
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Heck some monsters show up on the combat tracker doesn't even show any attacks or effects for saves or effects to be placed.
    I think this could also be a misunderstanding of how data is presented in the combat tracker. If you want to see what's really setup for an NPC I recommend you open the NPC statblock window.

You won't see any attacks, or non-reaction/free-action abilities listed for the NPC entry until it is the NPCs turn. You can also click the attack (sword icon) to display the NPC attack section out of turn Here's an example - the graphic on the left shows most of the NPC statblock (showing a few abilities with automation - the "A" icon indicates the ability has some automation); the graphic in the top-right is the NPC when it isn't their turn (showing just an automatic/reactive ability, as these can generally be used outside of an actor's turn); the graphic on the bottom-right shows all of the NPC abilities, including attacks, when it's the NPCs turn (similar view to if the attack icon (sword) is clicked out of turn):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 12th, 2021 at 11:22.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've found the paraphrase extension but I'm been having a hard time finding a good p2e monster maker. Plan to use Grim hollow Etheris for my next campaign and heed to make some horror based monsters. Tried to find converts for 5e and p1e converters but no luck so far.
    Not sure if this is a thing you were looking for.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/338...--DCC---d20-35

I'm very sorry for the outburst on what I've said Trenloe. Just got caught guard expecting more. So far I've e joyed what I've seen. Came from 5e where all was done to this just flipped my moronic brain.

@spoonhead thanks for the info.
    Ultimate license user

belkasro: As I've mentioned before in other places, I simply haven't had the time to go back and get all the automation done in previous versions of the Bestiaries. One of the reasons I put out the Google Sheets Automation Details is so that people needing to get creatures updated in a more timely fashion can do so on their own (hopefully) by seeing the inside of what goes into various creature automations. There's a pinned thread dedicated to this at the top of the forum which offers some more tips, etc.

One of the beautiful aspects of Trenloe's work out here is that he's constantly adding to the ruleset and its functionality. Unfortunately, it also means that new features that come along after products are released won't be in there. Going back and updating can sometimes be a slow process because he's added so many goodies to PF2 for FG that it's hard to keep up. Eventually the Bestiary 3, with its current automation, will lack some features down the road and need updating as more improvements are implemented.

That's what makes just getting out here and seeking help from others so valuable. To some degree, this is everyone's ruleset who loves it and it becomes collectively better through everyone's input and aid.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

In what ways can we help? I’ve added a bit of coding to some of the haunts in Abomination Vaults. And I tend to go through every encounter to check on what is coded and what isn’t, adding in stuff where possible.

Thread Information