5E Character Create Playlist

[Request] Party Sheet Inventory/Loot distribution

Has anyone made any extension to streamline the party loot section (cross ruleset)?

I had a bit of a mad moment, and was searching for something like

Screenshot 2021-06-11 161142.png

where rather than type out the full character name, the players themselves could declare whether they wished to be in the running for something or not, and if there's a tie, roll off for it

perhaps it's just me, which is fine

Moved to The Tavern forum. The Armory -> Extensions sub-forum is primarily for sharing created extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm not sure an extension would be needed for something like this.

Players can already just take things from the party inventory by dragging into their inventory and even if the DM doesn't allow that there's no need to type the full name since it autofills. So in your example above as soon as you typed B into the field Bas appears and you can just tab out of it. And you don't really need an extension for two players to roll dice and decide who got the highest roll.

There's no current extensions that I'm aware of on the forums that would do things to inventory distribution; but there may however be something on the DMsGuild which might do something to inventories similar to what you are looking for.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not sure an extension would be needed for something like this.

Players can already just take things from the party inventory by dragging into their inventory and even if the DM doesn't allow that there's no need to type the full name since it autofills. So in your example above as soon as you typed B into the field Bas appears and you can just tab out of it. And you don't really need an extension for two players to roll dice and decide who got the highest roll.

There's no current extensions that I'm aware of on the forums that would do things to inventory distribution; but there may however be something on the DMsGuild which might do something to inventories similar to what you are looking for.
    players taking from the sheet, kinda is the problem to be honest, some lock button on that might be an easier supplement, I guess

we find it's fairer to be visually claimed who wants what, rather than wasting time swapping things in and out or arguing

while not needing an extension for a roll, is a bit... well funny, hah, I get that's potentially a table thing (rolling off for ties/multiple claimants) but thats pretty much the purpose of FG ;-) an app for rolling, and generally seeing who has the highest roll

granted, it may entirely be the style, we tend to have a lot of loot, especially in pf1e and earlier, party sheet feels cumbersome in it's current layout

Haggling over shed loads of items, well... it takes FOREVER

clicking for claimants, seemed to be a better/faster method (hence why I do now use a google sheet for that)

vote/click for claim, leave the arguing for the conflicts
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; June 11th, 2021 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    players taking from the sheet, kinda is the problem to be honest, some lock button on that might be an easier supplement, I guess

we find it's fairer to be visually claimed who wants what, rather than wasting time swapping things in and out or arguing

while not needing an extension for a roll, is a bit... well funny, hah, I get that's potentially a table thing (rolling off for ties/multiple claimants) but thats pretty much the purpose of FG ;-) an app for rolling, and generally seeing who has the highest roll

granted, it may entirely be the style, we tend to have a lot of loot, especially in pf1e and earlier, party sheet feels cumbersome in it's current layout

Haggling over shed loads of items, well... it takes FOREVER

clicking for claimants, seemed to be a better/faster method (hence why I do now use a google sheet for that)

vote/click for claim, leave the arguing for the conflicts
    Two things which may speed that up in case you didn't know: Using shift while drag&drop will allow to carry over all items from a stack into an inventory Also you can use the assignment field to enter names and using the distribution button will then automatically assign these items to that person

Yep

those are useful, and we do use them, albeit they have their flaws (particularly splitting in to sub amounts), and they don't speed up the processes

having user clickable-selectable would be better than typing in names, it allows better visual interpretation from players as to who is claiming what

*ponders* wonder if I can get the UI guys at work to make something... *walks off to poke the front end*

While there are different extensions that do loot or work in combination there is nothing that I'm aware of that does what your asking for there.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thread Information