STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Upgrade from Ultimate to Unity - Will existing campaigns continue to work.

I was about to upgrade to unity because I really want the virtual table top. I have been using Fantasy Grounds for a Rise of the Runelords campaign for years. I use it primarily as a tabletop on our large monitor using Local Host. The combat tracker, sharing monster graphics, and using it as a Table Top for combat is our primary use. All players are local - with no clients. They can use a client but all my players dont want to install something - they would rather have a URL like D20 - but since I dont have that - they just say were they want to go and I move their figures. Its been working well.

However, my question for unity - will I be able to continue my current Rise of the Rune Lords campaign I am running after I upgrade?

Yes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks I wanted to check before hitting the upgrade button.

Short answer is yes.

Here is a good guide.

Before you upgrade to Unity (assuming up meant from Classic, not Ultimate as that is also available with Unity), ensure that all extensions you use (if any) are compatible with Unity.

Copy your campaign, don't move it, that way you have a backup of it in Classic still (you could also make a copy and put it somewhere safe as well).

Unity installs to a different data directory - if I am upgrading should I change the path to my current Roaming\Fantasy Grounds paths?

Im not seeing upgrade instructions in the directions from Classic to Unity: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...structions.txt

There is no upgrade per se. They are separate programs.

As long as you leave the default installation directories (Program and Data), it will not be the same as FGC.

It is definitely not recommended to have the Program and Data directories be the same between the two programs (FGC and FGU).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Short answer is yes.

Here is a good guide.

Before you upgrade to Unity (assuming up meant from Classic, not Ultimate as that is also available with Unity), ensure that all extensions you use (if any) are compatible with Unity.

Copy your campaign, don't move it, that way you have a backup of it in Classic still (you could also make a copy and put it somewhere safe as well).
    So should I install Unity with the default paths it has - then copy all my campaign data, tokens, etc over to UNITY paths - then do check for Updates? The instructions listed only list the campaign folder - not Tokens, characters, modules, rulesets, docs, etc.

Yes, that is safer, that way if something goes wrong with your campaign conversion, you have a backup.

If you have custom Modules or Token Modules, you will need to copy those over as well, anything you purchased via the Store (or Steam if you have synced accounts) will download when you log into the Installer and enter your License key.

Characters are stored in the Campaign itself, so when you copy the campaign over, the characters will come over as well.

Yes, that is safer, that way if something goes wrong with your campaign conversion, you have a backup.

If you have custom Modules or Token Modules, you will need to copy those over as well, anything you purchased via the Store (or Steam if you have synced accounts) will download when you log into the Installer and enter your License key.

Characters are stored in the Campaign itself, so when you copy the campaign over, the characters will come over as well.
    Well here goes... I have years of content so Upgrades scare me so I'll let you know how it goes

Well looks like it upgraded okay - however, my Tiles - that used to be shaped signs are now just rectangles wit TEXT and new options under House Rules like for setting like Map Diagenal Distance, etc. are not present in my existing game.
    Movement way points work but its not limiting player movement (Pathfinder) to the defined movement of the character. aka when they do a move it stays green - never goes red.

Thread Information