5E Character Create Playlist

Player Assets Window does not display the contents of the Assets Folders.

My FGU is running the most recent update and there are no extensions loaded.

I am normally the GM. I've never played FG as a player, so I'm not always familiar with how the Player interface for FGU works. While trying to help a player with their image assets I could not get the Assets Window to work as expected. I am joining the campaign from a seperate computer as a Player and have png and jpg images in the portraits and tokens folder. When I open the Assets window the window is empty. If I select the folder button I can see there are assets in the folder. Is this a bug or user error?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Players have no access to tokens or images from assets.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Players have no access to tokens or images from assets.
    I know players do not have access to the GM's assets. However, as a player I can create a new character sheet and clicl on the blank portrait box and select a portrait that is stored in the portrait folder but does not actually display if i open the Asset Window. I question why I have access to portraits thru the portrait window on the character sheet but not thru the Asset window.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I imagine that is because clicking on the portrait space opens the portraits folder but opening assets doesn't. The question really is why do players have an assets button when it doesn't do anything. The answer is that it is there for future proofing. At some point the current embargo on players being able to use assets will go away and at some point they will be allowed to access tokens and portraits via assets.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I imagine that is because clicking on the portrait space opens the portraits folder but opening assets doesn't.
    We don't have to imagine it. I stated that's how it works in my prior post. SO, it's not a bug or user error. The FGU player client is functioning as intended by SW.

The question really is why do players have an assets button when it doesn't do anything. The answer is that it is there for future proofing. At some point the current embargo on players being able to use assets will go away and at some point they will be allowed to access tokens and portraits via assets.
    Currently the assets button allows the player to easily open the portraits folder and paste their portrait file. Then the player can open their character sheet and click on the portrait window and add their portrait to their sheet.

I wish this was posted to the Wiki. Thank you for responding!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information