DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Area damage type

I know that enemies like swarms and troops tend to have weaknesses to 'area' damage, but I am having trouble finding where that is exactly defined. I would think AoE spells should apply 'area' damage so that these weaknesses could come into effect. The effects on these spells tend to be lacking this damage trait though.

"area" needs to be added to the damage types of relevant damage entries.

We're in the process of working through the coding of spell actions in Core Rules, and then other products, and will add this in as needed. Until the products are updated, it will have to be added manually as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    "area" needs to be added to the damage types of relevant damage entries.

We're in the process of working through the coding of spell actions in Core Rules, and then other products, and will add this in as needed. Until the products are updated, it will have to be added manually as needed.
    Is this something that I'm able to do myself, Trenloe?
    If I go add the word area to a fireball spell, then will it trigger on a creature with an area weakness?
    Or is this a keyword that isn't recognized that needs to be coded to be recognized.
    Last edited by Milke; June 10th, 2021 at 17:27. Reason: Autocorrect got me

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Is this something that I'm able to do myself, Trenloe?
    If I go add the word area to a fireball spell, then will it trigger on a creature with an area weakness?
    Yes and yes.
    Same for "splash" damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information