FG Spreadshirt Swag

Wrapping Text in the Combat Tracker

I have noted recently that monsters with long description abilities such as the Young Crystal Dragon FRIGHTFUL PRESENCE and TWISTING TAIL descriptions do not seem to wrap and so I have to make to Combat Tracker very wide to read all the text. It does not matter if I am using my main campaign with a bunch of MODs and EXTs loaded or a blank campaign with only the Bestiary 2 loaded.

As a test I also added an Army Ant Swarm to the combat tracker and see something a bit different. The first line of text under each ability does not wrap but the second line (the dragon did not have any second lines) for SAVES and DAMAGE do wrap properly.

Maybe this is all by design as some of the descriptions are somewhat verbose and could take a lot of space in the combat tracker.

I just updated FGU today (6/8/21) and am running with PF2E ruleset 18d.

This is by design. It shows the beginning of an ability so that the GM can get a quick reminder, or see requirements/triggers for abilities. To see the whole ability text click the link button to open a small window just containing the text.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah. There was some discussion on how packed the CT gets at times. In fact, Trenloe has added a "[More Details]" functionality to the automation process so I could move some of the very text heavy powers (like Swallow Whole or Grapple) to a pop-up box so the CT didn't have walls of text for some creatures with a lot of powers.

The trade off, of course, is that extra clicks are needed to see full details on some powers. Hopefully, though, this reduction will be a welcome sight (or lack thereof) as we all get more familiar with the rules and looking up details becomes less necessary.

The Bestiary 3 makes full use of the More Details feature and I will definitely revisit the first two Bestiaries and make them more visually compact in the future.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Since you are mentioning the Bestiaries, I have noticed that only some of the dragons have things like their breat weapons with automation text. I have not combed through all the monsters but is that stuff coming soon?

Yeah. I try to go back and hit up parts of the older Bestiaries that didn't have Automation available at the time, adding to them. There's been a few projects of higher priority that have kept me from going back and chipping away like I had been for a while.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

SR, you're a beast.

Thread Information