Starfinder Playlist

LF weekday game, 8PM CT or later.

FG License: I own the Unity standard license.
    Time Zone: CT, GMT-5
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: After 8PM CT. M-Thu is preffered. Once a week for 3-4 hours.
    Term: Long term keep playing
    Voice: Prefer Discord.

Game System Preferred: Open to any game system. Most familiar with 5e.
    Game System Experience: I have been playing table top RPGs for almost 40 years.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have about 30 sessions logged.

Character Type Preferred: Open to most types of characters. It is important that all players in the group get a chance to shine and everyone work together.
    About me: I started playing AD&D just before I turned 9 and have been playing on and off for almost 40 years now. Most of the campaigns I have played in were heavily influenced by the anti-hero that became prevalent in media during the late 80's and early 90's. Characters that were addicts of some kind or had other personality flaws. I think my groups steered towards this for realism. I have become tired/bored with the chaotic neutral group that works for coin and will kill anyone who raises a sword to them. I understand this may be more realistic but I am not sure it is all that fun.

What I am looking for is a more strict good for evil campaign. Where the PCs are all good and doing things becasue they are the right thing to do. Where they are not driven by coin or massacre groups of sentient beings because it is an easier path. To have this kind of campaign the DM and group all need to be in on the idea together. If one player wants to just start killing prisoners it tosses the entire group into a tailspin where there is no real way to reasonable reconcile the characters motivations if some of them are actually trying to play a "hero". Additionally the DM has to engage in a different manner. Instead of gold as a reward there needs to be more coordination with players wants. An example would be that the players save a town from the goblin threat and instead of gold someone gets that breastplate they want.

Lastly, I want to talk about RP some. I try to have believable characters. What I mean by that is I want their decisions in game to make sense for what has happens to them in game. I want the character to evolve. The evolution should not go from "hero" to "mercenary" to "cold blooded killer". It is what I have seen a lot of in campaigns and to be blunt, it is tiresome.

If any of this sounds interesting to you please contact me. We can discuss in Discord if you want.

Unfortunately, I'm in PST zone, so your time too early for me. I have a tough time finding other players for weeknight games. There's a Discord server (Champions of the Twilight) run by KriegJaeger#7192 dedicated to parents who can only play after the kids go to bed. They seem to have mostly EST and CST zone players. Not sure if that's your reason for your play time.

Thanks for the info Mango. I am willing to start after that 8PM CT, but can't really start earlier. Yes it is due to being on dad duty. Well if you do see something that fits please toss it my way.

Thread Information