DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Anonymize NPC Attacks

Hello, I have found by accident and verified by extensive testing that the "anonymize NPC attacks" doesn't seem to work if you have the "Chat: Show GM rolls" and "Chat: Show results to clients" set to "On". Is this intentional?

I can definitely see the case where you would want to show the results to the clients as far as the results of the attack without giving away what the exact weapon is.

For instance, an enemy with a +1 Human-Bane Rapier can attack and still show the results of the attack without telling the players that he is holding a +1 Human-Bane Rapier.

I'm just not sure if this has always been the case and it just went unnoticed or if it creeped in as a bug.

For the thorough testing, I did create a brand new test campaign with zero extensions activated.

I tried searching the forum for a good half-hour before posting this and couldn't find this already addressed. If it is, I apologize.

I didn't test in multiple rulesets. This is for the Pathfinder 1E ruleset.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

What ruleset are you talking about? There's no option to anonymize NPC attacks that I am aware of other than setting Show GM rolls to off. If you want to anonymize things completely then have show results and show GM rolls to off. You can have GM rolls off and Show results on. The result is just the Hit or Miss part of the output.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's probably a Pathfinder/Starfinder thing as Paizo makes their attack lines with spoiler information in them.

It is Pathfinder 1e. I had put it at the end of the post but didn't make it obvious. Sorry about that.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    It's probably a Pathfinder/Starfinder thing as Paizo makes their attack lines with spoiler information in them.

It is Pathfinder 1e. I had put it at the end of the post but didn't make it obvious. Sorry about that.
    No, my fault. I didn't read all the way to the end. I think my comments are still valid across any ruleset anyway. I think the show DM rolls and show results are common to any Core based ruleset.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

A little bit of a nuance. Showing GM rolls allows the players to see if they get hit. Anonymous NPC Attacks just changes the line from something like:

+1 flaming rapier +10

to

Attack +10

so they don't metagame that the rapier is a +1 fire rapier and thus knowing what it does without identifying it first.

If it weren't for Audio Overseer needing to have those options on in order to work, I would just hide rolls.

Not asking for a feature request. The Anonymize NPC Attacks has always been there. Just not sure if it always acted like this and got overridden by the Show Rolls to Client or if there was an unintended consequence to a change somewhere down the line.

Worst case, I'll just fix the attack lines in the Combat Tracker. However, I thought it worthwhile to ask in case I was missing something or it really was an accidental change of some sort.

Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to PF1E forum as that's probably who will know the answer best.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information