DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Need a bit of direction

Trenloe and team,

Our first session this weekend with the new #18 worked fine but... Saving throws.

The party ran into some Plague zombies. In the automation which was set up there is a saving throw for the zombie's disease.

I clicked it and it rolled an 11 but the result was 'critical success'. It looks like the dc was set to zero? The DC was supposed to be 18.

I had the players re roll from their sheets off their fortitude.

My question is do we still roll the saving throw (the game master) or is this new automation which I click somewhere when targeting the player and the player has to roll her saving throw?

I was a bit confused because I remember a thing that Players would roll their own saving throws now. I just need some direction on where i can review how to set up various saving throws and how they are used.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Assuming it is set up correctly then when you target a PC with a save then an effect will appear on the combat tracker for each PC targetted which shows that they need to make a save and what that save is (but not the DC). You would then invite the PCs to make the relevant saving throw and when they do the result of the save will appear next to the effect on the CT (either crit fail, fail, success or crit sccess). Once all the PCs have made their save then clicking on the 'Apply all effects' star will then apply any and all effects to the PCs depending on the result of their save.

However this level of automation may not be present on all of the beasties that you'll come across, especially in adventure modules. You'll probably need to do a bit of preparation yourself for such beasties before your session.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It is as Zacchaeus describes. As he suggests - check the creature has the automation setup.

Also note that the campaign option "Players roll PC targeted saves" is set to off by default. If you want to use the PCROLL functionality you'll need to either hold ALT when triggering the save, or turn this campaign option on.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great, thank you.

I will review the automation video. The Plague Zombie is in the Bestiary but I don't think they automation is there yet. I really want to learn all this.

So assuming the automation is there, i would click on the monsters (ability or effect) this would than put a notification in the chat box in FG to inform players they need to roll a save, > the player now rolls their save and we may have varying degrees of success. The GM than hits the 'apply all effects' .

Is there video for this I can learn from directly?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

The part 5 video here should do the trick https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post602140
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information