5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Smarter Desktop Background

So I want to change the desktop background, as we do with new games. But I want the photo to be a bit more in frame no matter whose monitor it is on.

I have ideas on how to do this, not sure what would be better. But wanted to consult the council of elders to see if anyone has already invented this wheel.

Or if anyone has attempted it and failed, and what did you do so I don’t repeat these steps.

I would suggest to use the decal system for that process and use a plain background. The decal is set to remain in the center of the screen no matter the resolution. This is just my opinion.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

That is one of my ideas. To separate the photo into two parts, scene (background) and image (foreground). Make the image the decal or act like a decal so it sits in front of the scene.

But wanted to ask in case someone has a better idea.

Blog Entries
    If you don't use a decal, then you have to worry about 9 slices, and by default the middle slice is set to tile. You would have to re-write the behavior to cause it to center. Which is really what the decal is set to do. If you are going to the extent of changing the background behavior, I would think to add scaling or sizing options to the decal instead.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information