Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The upgrade price for you would be $75 with the upgrade discount, not $150. We plan to run the upgrade discount for a while longer, so hopefully that will still be available when you are in a better position financially. In the meantime, you can keep playing on FG Classic.
    $75 is a much better option. That I can handle. I just don't see it available to me.

They are talking about any new content that gets released, like Into the Feywild for instance, would not be looked at being released for Classic. Anything that is in place right now, they wouldn't go out of their way to disable (why would they remove a revenue stream for work they have already performed), so should still be purchasable and work with FGC. The nice part, though, is all of that content has been setup to work with FGU so you're future proofed to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhel View Post
    $75 is a much better option. That I can handle. I just don't see it available to me.
    You won't see the price change until you put it in your cart and go to purchase it.

Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    They are talking about any new content that gets released, like Into the Feywild for instance, would not be looked at being released for Classic. Anything that is in place right now, they wouldn't go out of their way to disable (why would they remove a revenue stream for work they have already performed), so should still be purchasable and work with FGC. The nice part, though, is all of that content has been setup to work with FGU so you're future proofed to some degree.
    I would think you're correct here, that's what seems logical to me, it's just the specific wording "You won't be able to buy new modules for FGC after this date" that has me questioning. Not "no new modules will be added," but that you won't be able to BUY (and new in this context could mean "new to me").

Again, I think you're probably correct, I just wanted to make sure.

Anything that is currently released and running on classic will still continue to work. If you purchase something already released, that currently works for classic it will work even if you purchase after the cutoff date.

If you purchase a new release that was made after the cutoff date, that product will not work in classic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    Anything that is currently released and running on classic will still continue to work. If you purchase something already released, that currently works for classic it will work even if you purchase after the cutoff date.

If you purchase a new release that was made after the cutoff date, that product will not work in classic.
    That is correct. Into the Feywild, for instance, won't have an FGC version. Anything already released that worked with FGC before June 24, will continue to work with FGC after June 24. It won't get any updates, errata, or any other changes though beyond that point.

All the stuff that works in Classic will continue to, but new products won't be made compatible with Classic after the 24th. So only stuff made before the 24th will still support Classic and Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    That is correct. Into the Feywild, for instance, won't have an FGC version. Anything already released that worked with FGC before June 24, will continue to work with FGC after June 24. It won't get any updates, errata, or any other changes though beyond that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    All the stuff that works in Classic will continue to, but new products won't be made compatible with Classic after the 24th. So only stuff made before the 24th will still support Classic and Unity.
    Not really true IMO,

I have been working on some conversions over the last few months using FGC and will finish their development in it. By the time i submit them and they are reviewed, it might take months before they show up in the FG shop. I don t see why they would not work with FGC by then unless James purposely reconvert them for FGU of course.

However if i decide to make some updates of any of the module i already converted in the shop with FGU then they might not work for FGC anymore...

Can someone confirm any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by readymeal View Post
    Not really true IMO,

I have been working on some conversions over the last few months using FGC and will finish their development in it. By the time i submit them and they are reviewed, it might take months before they show up in the FG shop. I don t see why they would not work with FGC by then unless James purposely reconvert them for FGU of course.

However if i decide to make some updates of any of the module i already converted in the shop with FGU then they might not work for FGC anymore...

Can someone confirm any of this?
    There will be nothing new for FGC released by SmiteWorks after June 24th - be it new functionality to existing products or completely new products. This has been re-iterated throughout this thread and was also mentioned in the Developer Newsletter on June 4th (which I assume you receive).

If you have any concerns or issues then I suggest you raise them with your usual SmiteWorks contact - I assume James.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information