5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Blog Entries

Script Error in Launcher

Did a search for this error and nothing came up. Noticed it last week, and still doing it today after an update.

Code:
    Script Error: [string "extensionlist"]:1: bad argument #1 to 'getRulesetVersion' (string expected, got nil)
    Happens as soon as I press the Load Campaign button and before I can even select a campaign to load. Just to test, I did try loading into various rulesets, with and without extensions, then exiting FG so it had different "starting points" and I still get this error every time regardless. I do not have an unpacked CoreRPG ruleset (or any other ruleset) in my /rulesets/ folder.

Not sure if it's related, but I also notice the majority of my campaigns (most of them are DEV campaigns for the products I work on) no longer show up in the launcher, but the folders are still there.
    Last edited by Talyn; June 3rd, 2021 at 22:28.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, You didn't change channels did you? (Live/Test/Dev) Do the campaign folders have content inside them? What about if you delete CoreRPG ruleset and re-update?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    My FGC has always been in the TEST channel for the past several years, no change there. All the campaign folders have all the content, they just don't show up -- including one I made last week and another I made today.

Just tried deleting CoreRPG and re-updating, and still getting that error.

You might want to double check you didn't go into Dev for the lighting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    You might want to double check you didn't go into Dev for the lighting.
    This is the Classic (FGC) section, so no lighting to fool with

I also just checked read-write permissions in the /campaigns/ folder but that's also fine. The folder for the campaign I created last week is there, as is the one I created today, but neither of them (along with the majority of the rest) show up in the list to load back into.

True, true on the FGC. I was flipping through the forums too fast. It really feels like there is some disconnect between the launcher and data folder. I take it you have pressed the "Settings" button in the launcher and verified the data directory is pointing at is the correct data directory.

What version is being reported in the FGC launch screen?
    Can you try deleting the launcher.pak in the FG app folder; run a new Check for Updates; and see if it still happens?

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    SOLVED!

I had a campaign for a community ruleset, which I had deleted. Apparently the launcher freaked out because it saw the campaign but no corresponding ruleset so it just stopped reading the rest? Or something? Anyway, I found and deleted the offending campaign and everything is back to normal.

Thread Information