5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Devilsight and LOS with Darkness spell not working

I am trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or there is an issue with darkness and devilsight.

I have a PC (5E Ruleset) that has devilsight 120 set in senses on the character sheet

If I put a darkness spell down anywhere on the map either by dropping it on a token OR the lighting panel the PC with devilsight suddenly can see through walls. The LOS is gone for them.

All the other PC's on the map work correctly (LOS still present, darkness spell looks correct, etc..)

This is on version 4.1.3 (latest) and happens consistently even after stopping and starting FGU, closing and opening the map, etc..

Capture DS+LOS OK.JPG

LOS working - devilsight on

LOS working - no Devilsight.JPG

Here is view from a PC with no Devilsight - working as intended

Darkness spell - LOS not working.JPG

And here is the view from the PC with devilsight. Darkness is a white sphere but all LOS around is now off.

Blog Entries
    Darkness is experimental at this point. So expect undesired behavior with it. It's good to document cases with it for the devs to work on going forward. I don't know what the expected vs current behavior is for darkness at this point.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you provide a copy of the campaign folder for that campaign; as well as which map you are looking at?

Thanks,
    JPG

Sure, I can zip it up. Is there a place to submit the zip too?

Fallow

Blog Entries
    You can zip and attach here, if not an IP or size issue. You can also upload to a cloud drive and share the link here or directly to [email protected].

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

File is 40mb (bunch of maps in there). Any issue with me removing all the maps but the 1 I see the problem in from the .zip?

Sent over to the [email protected] email due to size.

Map is : FireGiantKing_Map Level 3 South Player

Note I have seen this issue on other maps, not just this one.

I just had a chance to spend some time looking into this (since it's a little lower priority with darkness as experimental). Unfortunately, I could not find the files in our support system. Perhaps the files were too big for email?

Can you zip up a copy of the entire campaign folder with the name of the specific map and specific tokens you are looking at?
    Please provide via Google Drive or DropBox link; share with anyone who has the link; and send to [email protected] (or PM via forum).

Thanks,
    JPG

Hi!

I'm experiencing the exact same problem using the maps from the Dundgeon of the Mad Mage Module (the official product from Fantasy Grounds).

Devilsight, Truesight and Blindsight works perfectly until I drop a Darkness lightning effect into the map (anywhere). As soon as the Darkness effect enters, the players with PCs with Devilsight, Blindsight or Truesight start to see everithing (through walls) withing range. When I delete the light buble from Darkness, the LOS comeback to work properly.

I know that this is not a priority to the developer team. However, Devilsight is a comon feature in D&D 5th edition and many warlock players wants to take advantage of this little combo (darknes + truesight). Of course, we can handle everything without line of sight (as we did for the past 6 years of 5th edition and Fantasy Grounds Classic). Still, it would be wonderful if such features worked properly, increasing narrative imersion, since only warlock characters would be able to see tokens inside darkness areas created by them.

Sincerely

Leonardo

Thread Information