DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

ApplyAllEffects Not Applying

I'm not sure if it's the way I've been writing the automation, but when I've been trying to use the ApplyAllEffects to remove the PCROLL effect, it doesn't seem to be triggering at all when I double-click it on the Combat Tracker. I tested it when I set up the automation, but it doesn't seem to work once I have actual players in the game. This has happened in multiple games I've run since the update, but both with my own added automation, so it could definitely be a user error.

An example of the automation I've written is the Acid Breath of the Caustic Wolf in Fall of Plaguestone. I know there aren't any effects to apply, but I thought that was the only way to auto-remove the PCROLL effect.

The ability is as follows:

The wolf unleashes a stream of bright green acid from its mouth, coating all creatures in a 30-foot line. All creatures in the line take 3d6 acid damage (DC 16 basic Reflex save). The caustic wolf cannot use this ability again for 1 minute.

The automation I've added is:
    Save: Reflex[DC:16][BASIC][CD]
    Damage: 2d6 acid
    Cooldown:10
    ApplyAllEffects

Please provide a screenshot of the complete NPC automation within the NPC sheet.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, I should have included a screenshot with the initial post.

Automation Example.png

I have also included another example of automation that I attempted to set up, this time for an ability that does different effects depending on the save result. When I clicked ApplyAllEffects for this ability, it removed the PCROLL effect but didn't apply the Failure effects despite some of the PCs having crit failed.

Automation Example 2.png
    Last edited by bexxpiper; May 31st, 2021 at 10:36.

Thanks for providing the info and reporting the problem.

Currently the "ApplyAllEffects" code won't apply all effects (including removing the PCROLL effect) if there isn't at least one save result. I'll update the code to remedy that - but it won't be available for a week.

In the meantime, if you need to remove PCROLL effects without a result state, use the CT menu option: Delete Effect -> Clear All PCROLL Effects
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How do you use the Apply All Effects from the Bestiary? It doesn't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skester View Post
    How do you use the Apply All Effects from the Bestiary? It doesn't do anything for me.
    ApplyAllEffects applies effects based off the resut of an action - usually a save or attack. There needs to be something to apply for it to work. The button appears if there's any automation for the ability, as it's difficult to exactly determine the exact need for the button, so sometimes pressing the button won't do anything, as there's nothing to do. Check the automation for the ability in question to see what it does - if there's a save and there's some effects with the result included in the effect, e.g. [SUCCESS] or a [PCROLL] effect, then ApplyAllEffects will have something to do.

I played a game today, using creatures from the bestiary. The apply all effects didn't work any time, even after the PCs rolled a save. I had to go in and remove the PCROLL effect manually every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I played a game today, using creatures from the bestiary. The apply all effects didn't work any time, even after the PCs rolled a save. I had to go in and remove the PCROLL effect manually every time.
    Do you have an example of a creature you used and the ability where it didn't work?

Are you using any extensions?

I'm experiencing the same thing. I made a new post, but maybe it's better to add to this one.

Example: I added the Gelatinous Cube from Crown of the Kobold King to the combat tracker and am trying to use its Engulf ability.

I target a PC(s) and then double click the save DC. The system correctly rolls the reflex save in the chat window. I then click the apply all button and nothing happens. It doesn't seem to matter if the PC makes or fails the save. In this case nothing should happen if they succeed, but on failure they should be engulfed (with all the relevant effects). I can manually apply the effect, but no matter what I do I can't get the apply all button to do anything.

I'm not using any extensions in FG and I have the Bestiary 1 and Crown of the Kobold King modules loaded.

Thread Information