DICE PACKS BUNDLE

automated Proficiency slots gain at wrong levels

Hello,

In the last session, all the party got a level. My players used the automated feature for that, but we quicly noticed that the system gave incorrectly the proficiency slots.
    For example, a 5 lvl thief does not gain any kind of proficiency, but as you can see in the screenshots they are incorrectly added..
    I have no sctreenshot for that, but was the same for a druid leveling up from lvl 3 to 4.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Every 4 levels you get a +1 weapon/non-weapon.

2,3,4,5 is 4 levels.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

# Levels (for both weapon and nonweapon proficiencies) tells how quickly a character gains additional proficiency slots. A new proficiency slot is gained at every experience level that is evenly divisible by the number listed. Rath (a warrior), for example, gains one weapon proficiency slot at every level evenly divisible by 3. He gets one new slot at 3rd level, another at 6th, another at 9th, and so on. (Note that Rath also gains one nonweapon proficiency at 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)

This is out of PHB. A thief is every 4. So he gets a weapon proficiency at 4 and 8, right? So I think Aster is correct, his level 5th thief should have gotten his bonus proficiencies at 4 not 5. Good catch.

Yeah, should be every level evenly divisible by the list. So, for example a mage takes an additional weapon proficiency at lvl 6, 12, 18, etc.
    Last edited by Asterionaisien; May 31st, 2021 at 06:32.
    Ultimate license holder, do not worry about partecipating Italian DM (gmt+1). check here to find your timezone difference https://everytimezone.com/

- Players live a thousand lives, a DM let live a thousand universes -

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    # Levels (for both weapon and nonweapon proficiencies) tells how quickly a character gains additional proficiency slots. A new proficiency slot is gained at every experience level that is evenly divisible by the number listed. Rath (a warrior), for example, gains one weapon proficiency slot at every level evenly divisible by 3. He gets one new slot at 3rd level, another at 6th, another at 9th, and so on. (Note that Rath also gains one nonweapon proficiency at 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)

This is out of PHB. A thief is every 4. So he gets a weapon proficiency at 4 and 8, right? So I think Aster is correct, his level 5th thief should have gotten his bonus proficiencies at 4 not 5. Good catch.
    I will review the examples. I seem to recall reading it as I described. I could be mixing up some 1E rule or something for all I know

Thanks for the heads up.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I will review the examples. I seem to recall reading it as I described. I could be mixing up some 1E rule or something for all I know

Thanks for the heads up.
    I just re-read the proficiency section of the 2E Premium PHB. In one section it implies that it should be the way you describe, Celestian by saying that the number is the number of levels the character should gain before getting a new proficiency. However two paragraphs later it states the character should gain on the multiples of the # levels. Page 71 second and fourth paragraphs if you are interested in the exact wording.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I just re-read the proficiency section of the 2E Premium PHB. In one section it implies that it should be the way you describe, Celestian by saying that the number is the number of levels the character should gain before getting a new proficiency. However two paragraphs later it states the character should gain on the multiples of the # levels. Page 71 second and fourth paragraphs if you are interested in the exact wording.
    Yup, thats where I got my method. To be honest, I didn't like it that way as it just seemed odd... hey, im 6, I get them every 3, where is my point! I'm changing it to the way the original OP expected.
    ---

We should ask Zeb Cook on Facebook. I would but I do not have a FB account haha. I bet he would get a kick out of it. Its like asking Crawford for 5E.

Thread Information