FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 52 of 68 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You can only do this with BCEG version. It would be SSAVES instead of SAVES.
    Okay, thanks. I'm running 3.5E, so looks like I'm out of luck on that.

Is there a way to do ongoing damage where the hit dice of damage is based off caster level? For example a spell that does 1d6 dice of damage per caster level. I can do it with a spell action easy enough, but can't seem to duplicate that in an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    Is there a way to do ongoing damage where the hit dice of damage is based off caster level? For example a spell that does 1d6 dice of damage per caster level. I can do it with a spell action easy enough, but can't seem to duplicate that in an effect.
    I was curious so I tried it too with no luck. Seems like the [ ] doesn't combine with dice strings in current stat of things.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version Update: 2.46
    Fixed - Duplicate effects added on expire
    Fixed - Savemods not working for ongoing saves
    Fixed - Rest tags not working for NPCs
    Fixed - Ongoing Saves incorrectly built with Effects Builder
    Hmm, I'm still getting the duplicated effects with EXPIREADD in my 3.5E campaign. Here's the sequence for a spell called Red Tide (a player is nauseated for 1 minute, and when that ends they are supposed to make a Fort save, with failure causing d6 in STR damage):

Nauseated; EXPIREADD: Red Tide Check
    Red Tide Check; SAVEA: fortitude 22 (R); SAVEADD: Red Tide
    Red Tide; STR: [-1d6]; STACK

When the Nauseated effect ends, it's adding Red Tide Check twice, rolling two saves, and then adding the Red Tide effect for each failed save...so you could end up with -1d6 STR twice
    Last edited by timberbeast; June 30th, 2022 at 19:59.

Version Update: 2.48
    Fixed: EXPIREADD adding twice....again
    Fixed: Rare script error with ongoing saves
    Fixed: Potential script error with experimental parsing
    Added: Save icon for save messages output to chat
    Added: (5E) Option to add or not add prone to unconscious NPCs with Undead Fortitude trait
    Documentation update

Is it possible for you to expand support to the Starfinder ruleset?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I can give it a look but no promises. Maybe I should take a star finder class at FGA first.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I can give it a look but no promises. Maybe I should take a star finder class at FGA first.
    I understand. Thanks for even considering it!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Would there be any reason why SAVEONDMG effects would be ignoring effects/abilities that should grant the target advantage on the save?

Quote Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
    Would there be any reason why SAVEONDMG effects would be ignoring effects/abilities that should grant the target advantage on the save?
    I'm sure there is a reason just not a good one if it's happening. I'll take a look at it

Thread Information