Starfinder Playlist
Page 17 of 70 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi all!

Would it be possible to open somewhere a thread dedicated to the spell/feats/item etc coding with BCE operators?

I truly suck with this thing so thiw would be a huge help! (pretty much what was done with kent-extension-outsorce in Team Thowy channel on Discord)

What do yu think about it?

Thanks again
    It is a pretty big job for a single person to go though everything but if people want to share what works for them I made a google sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I may have missed it, but there is no effect on "critical damage" or is there? PF2 can have effects being applied when a weapon crits, so I was hoping for some automated solution.

Version update 2.8
    Fixed 4E compatibility with bmos Ammunition Manager

If you aren't 4E then nothing has changed

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I may have missed it, but there is no effect on "critical damage" or is there? PF2 can have effects being applied when a weapon crits, so I was hoping for some automated solution.
    There is no hook in BCE to do something when a critical occurs. Does Kelrugem's stuff offer this?

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version update 2.8
    Fixed 4E compatibility with bmos Ammunition Manager

If you aren't 4E then nothing has changed
    Thanks! No errors in 4e now.

Awesome mod here, thank you for the hard work! I do have a question after the obligatory butter up compliment though ;P... Is there any way to get TDMGADDS to work with melee only attacks? I'm trying to get an effect sorted out for Shadow of Moil's on hit damage shield and it works great, except it reflects the damage back to anything that hits the target. Tried a few options with IF/IFT so not sure if I'm just missing the correct syntax there or heck maybe TDMGADDS isn't the best way to do this at all... thoughts anyone? I know there is no way to get it to apply to all attacks that come from 10 feet away, so I'm just trying to get it to cover the bulk of them which would be all the melee hits.

Hey im on FG Unity, got your extension from the forge. I'm playing the PF 1e, there with it loaded alone, the long rest does nothing to the PCs. Am i missing some option or something? Couldnt find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by denmakash View Post
    Hey im on FG Unity, got your extension from the forge. I'm playing the PF 1e, there with it loaded alone, the long rest does nothing to the PCs. Am i missing some option or something? Couldnt find a solution.
    There appears to be a typo on line 70 of manager_effect_bce35e.lua
    charRest(nodePC) should be charRest(nodeChar)

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Since Temp HP is considered a buffer from damage, when that setting is set to off, the damage logic of this extension won't be executed for temp HP reduction but only HP reduction. If you wish for the logic to always be executed, then set that the option to on.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at it and post an update.
    First I would like to applaud you for taking the time to add the settings for this in the settings menu... so many other things should have been there from the initial release and many extension writers should take note on this.

However, temporary hit points are an extension of you by RAW and if you take damage to them you are still taking damage as noted in the rules and clarified in Sage Advice Compendium

https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/d...Compendium.pdf

If I have 10 temporary hit points and I take 30 damage
    from an attack while concentrating on a spell, what is
    the DC of the Constitution save to maintain my concentration?

The DC is 15 in that case. When temporary hit
    points absorb damage for you, you’re still taking damage,
    just not to your real hit points.
    In contrast, a feature like the wizard’s Arcane Ward can
    take damage for you, potentially eliminating the need to
    make a Constitution saving throw or, at least, lowering the
    DC of that save

So if I want that to be the case I should have this option set as "ON" I take it to function as RAW intends? I would suggest changing the default on that option to conform to that because I had no idea that this was not calculating correctly until I stumbled in here looking for a way to turn off auto addition of hp on level up... another example of something that should have been in the options setting on release to conform to RAW.

I would also suggest changing the default for "Restrict Concentration" to "ON" as well.

It is always a good idea to default options to the RAW rather than what you do at your tables, it is just good practice from a development stance... I would have lost a bit of time had I noticed this weird behavior during a combat as I tracked down the issue to fix it.

Unless I completely missed something in this thread on those functions.
    Last edited by Slagmoth; September 2nd, 2021 at 17:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    First I would like to applaud you for taking the time to add the settings for this in the settings menu... so many other things should have been there from the initial release and many extension writers should take note on this.

However, temporary hit points are an extension of you by RAW and if you take damage to them you are still taking damage as noted in the rules and clarified in Sage Advice Compendium

https://media.wizards.com/2020/dnd/d...Compendium.pdf

If I have 10 temporary hit points and I take 30 damage
    from an attack while concentrating on a spell, what is
    the DC of the Constitution save to maintain my concentration?

The DC is 15 in that case. When temporary hit
    points absorb damage for you, you’re still taking damage,
    just not to your real hit points.
    In contrast, a feature like the wizard’s Arcane Ward can
    take damage for you, potentially eliminating the need to
    make a Constitution saving throw or, at least, lowering the
    DC of that save

So if I want that to be the case I should have this option set as "ON" I take it to function as RAW intends? I would suggest changing the default on that option to conform to that because I had no idea that this was not calculating correctly until I stumbled in here looking for a way to turn off auto addition of hp on level up... another example of something that should have been in the options setting on release to conform to RAW.

I would also suggest changing the default for "Restrict Concentration" to "ON" as well.

It is always a good idea to default options to the RAW rather than what you do at your tables, it is just good practice from a development stance... I would have lost a bit of time had I noticed this weird behavior during a combat as I tracked down the issue to fix it.

Unless I completely missed something in this thread on those functions.
    I agree with you that (assuming they are working correctly) RAW should be the default.

However, your HP issue is RAW. You choose to use the first option, but both options are RAW and neither is a "variant" option.
    Also regards to your HP issue, check out Constitutional Amendments EXT. It can do what you are asking for its also an option in the options menu. With this EXT loaded it will give the option "PC: HP on level up" Average or Roll as your options.

Actually, the HP issue is one of those rare or unique instances where the Player decides what they will do... the rules state they can EITHER roll or take the average rounded up at each level... so forcing it only one way is sort of meh.

Unfortunately, for the Constitutional Amendments it conflicts with another extension that has more stuff I have come to rely on.

And for the temp hp issue I think it is simply a case of either misunderstanding the rules (<sarcasm>which never happens in 5E because it is so well and clearly written</sarcasm>) or a case of convenience for his tables since it was likely developed for him/her first then made public, but thought I would bring it up.

Thread Information