STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 68 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Decisive View Post
    I am using 5e, yes. I ended up getting it to work. I realized that the character sheet I was testing it on did not have the Spellcasting feature on it, and because that's how it parsed the attribute, it didn't work.

I do wonder if there is a way to make it automatically parse if the character has an item or ability that gives them a bonus to their spell saving throws (like a rod of the pact keeper, for example).
    In 3.5E/PFRPG Kelrugem has an extension that adds a "DC" effect (such as DC: 5 to add 5 to the spell DC)
    Perhaps this extension could take that into account? Then a 5E extension could also add that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    In 3.5E/PFRPG Kelrugem has an extension that adds a "DC" effect (such as DC: 5 to add 5 to the spell DC)
    Perhaps this extension could take that into account? Then a 5E extension could also add that effect.
    That sounds like an excellent idea! I know that you can also set that up in the different spellcasting groups, if that helps.

Another thing I noticed is that this doesn't recognize Pact Magic from warlocks, either. You can of course rename their Pact Magic to "Spellcasting" but it might be better to find some other solution because I don't know if that would interfere with anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Interesting. Having DC defined as an effect would have benefits as the player could set it themselves and also be cross ruleset compatible.

I looked at Rod of the Pact Keeper and it doesn't look like there is a good way to detect the bonus from this item for spellcastiing ability so having a DC effect might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Interesting. Having DC defined as an effect would have benefits as the player could set it themselves and also be cross ruleset compatible.

I looked at Rod of the Pact Keeper and it doesn't look like there is a good way to detect the bonus from this item for spellcastiing ability so having a DC effect might be the way to go.
    The Advanced Effects extension would also be a good pairing with that since you could equip/unequip it.

just to let you know

RESTL and RESTS don't seem to work in 3.5/pf, at least from the character sheet

I haven't tried from the CT
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; August 7th, 2021 at 09:06.

Hi Rhagelstrom, these new operators are fantastic.

Are they completely independent from Kent's Ongoing Save and Turn Based extensions?

I have recoded part of spells and other stuff with Kent's operators. Do I have to recode them (or part of them)?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi Rhagelstrom, these new operators are fantastic.

Are they completely independent from Kent's Ongoing Save and Turn Based extensions?

I have recoded part of spells and other stuff with Kent's operators. Do I have to recode them (or part of them)?
    They are independent, and seems to work better. Unfortunately, Kent has been too busy to update Ongoing Save Effects, and it's starting to break. The auto-parsing for NPCs added to the combat tracker seems to be broken now.

Version Update. 2.3 Full documentation is on the Forge

Fixed where adding an effect to modify a ability stat would result in malformed effect if it had a negative modifier
    Fixed where SAVEA would return a script error if the effect was removed on successful save
    Fixed where 3.5E REST tags were not removed when resting from char sheet. Fixed for long rest, short rest needs a different approach so short rest from char sheet in 3.5E is NOT working
    Feature - DMGA: (N) - Damage on effect add Great for Storm Barbarians
    AURA: 10 all; Barbarian Raging Storm Desert; DMGA: 2 fire
    Feature - DC: (N) - If DC is on the actor, N will be added to the spellcasting ability when [SDC] is calculated and replaced

Oh snap wow.
    This BCE is just a must have. This is getting better and better. Thanks Rhagelstrom.

First I would like to say great extension, then I would like to place a wish:
    Is it posible to make regeneration modifiers workable with IF statements?
    And is it possible to get a transfer regen ability?

My example. I have a character that at the start of his turn transfers 5 hit points from all of his friends within 140 feet that is within his "life link". He can have x amount of allies in his "life link" ability.
    I would like this effect to work: (and I am using it together with aura extension)
    AURA: 140 friend; IF: Custom (lifeLink); SREGENS: 5
    The IF statement here makes the REGEN effect not work.

The workaround is to have this statement (which works for most cases, but if we have some NPC with us everybody cannot be healed by this ability, it goes over his max number of allies)
    AURA: 140 friend; SREGENS: 5

And bonus point if one can transfer the healed amount to the character that made the effect.

Example of 1 round of combat and how it should work.
    Before combat: Bob can have 4 allies within his lifelink. Bob wants Fred, Georg, Lizzy and Pete have his life link, but sadly Adam can not be included.
    Round 2 of combat, everybody has taken 20 damage each except for Lizzy who is fully healed
    At the start of Bobs turn Fred and Georg gets healed 5 points each, but not Pete, Adam and Lizzy. Pete is 200 feet away and out of range, Adam is not included in the life link, and Lizzy is already at max hit points.
    Bob takes 10 damage from healing Fred and Georg.
    Combat continues.

Thread Information