FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 49 of 69 First ... 39474849505159 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    OY ok, and this is why I want a better way to learn all this without bugging the creators..

STACK;DEX: [-1d2]

works perfectly. thank you
    I think the confusion came from that the PF Effect Removal extension also introduces a STACK effect which needs a colon

Version update: 2.42
    Fixed - Script error -X 3.5E/4E

Version update: 2.43
    Fixed - Apply type not transfered from custom effects list when tags that add effect fire

I can't seem to get an effect added after an IFT. When I use this:

TDMGADDS: confusion

it works fine - adds the custom confusion effect to the target that caused the damage to the PC. When I try this:

IFT: ALIGN(lawful);TDMGADDS: confusion

it won't add the effect to the target that caused the damage (yes, the attacker was lawful, so the IFT fired)

3.5e ruleset, not using any other extensions. BCE and FGU both at latest version.

Version update: 2.44
    Support for Effect Builder Extension by @SoxMax (5E/3.5E/PFPRG)
    Fixed - Tags DMGAT,DMGDT,DMGRT were missing from documentation
    Fixed - EXPIREADD still needed additional attention
    Fixed - TDMGADDS was not working as intended with IFT

If you want to use the effect builder you will need both the effect builder extension and the effect builder extension for your ruleset.

Where can I find this extension? I only get the full documentation but I could not find the file for downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by RicMcPain View Post
    Where can I find this extension? I only get the full documentation but I could not find the file for downloading?
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/76/view
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; May 20th, 2022 at 18:19. Reason: Forgot what thread I was in

Thanks for the update! My Cloak of Chaos spell effect work great now.

I have another question I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to create an effect for the Cloudkill spell (3.5e). This is what I have so far:

Spell effect for targets under 6HD (if the initial save fails they die, if it passes they take -1d4 CON each round, no additional save): Cloudkill < 6HD; SAVES: FORT 17; SAVEADDP: cloudkill; SAVEADD: cloudkill
    (Note: I couldn't find a way to add the effect each round without making a save, so I just used the SAVES and applied the same effect regardless of whether the target saved or not).

Spell effect for target over 6HD (they get a save each round for 1/2 dmg): Cloudkill > 6HD; SAVES: FORT 17; SAVEADDP: cloudkillhalf; SAVEADD: cloudkill

These are the custom effects that get added:
    cloudkill;CON: -1d4; STACK
    cloudkillhalf;CON: -1d2; STACK

The effect works pretty good, but it only fires on the targets turn. The spell says the save and damage are supposed to happen on the caster's turn - is there a way to make that happen?

Second, the save DC is hard-coded into the effect. Is there a way to grab the caster's spell save DC and insert into the effect?

Neither of these are critical to make the effect work, just wondering if they were possible. Also, if someone has a better way to apply these effects, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    Thanks for the update! My Cloak of Chaos spell effect work great now.

I have another question I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to create an effect for the Cloudkill spell (3.5e). This is what I have so far:

Spell effect for targets under 6HD (if the initial save fails they die, if it passes they take -1d4 CON each round, no additional save): Cloudkill < 6HD; SAVES: FORT 17; SAVEADDP: cloudkill; SAVEADD: cloudkill
    (Note: I couldn't find a way to add the effect each round without making a save, so I just used the SAVES and applied the same effect regardless of whether the target saved or not).

Spell effect for target over 6HD (they get a save each round for 1/2 dmg): Cloudkill > 6HD; SAVES: FORT 17; SAVEADDP: cloudkillhalf; SAVEADD: cloudkill

These are the custom effects that get added:
    cloudkill;CON: -1d4; STACK
    cloudkillhalf;CON: -1d2; STACK

The effect works pretty good, but it only fires on the targets turn. The spell says the save and damage are supposed to happen on the caster's turn - is there a way to make that happen?

Second, the save DC is hard-coded into the effect. Is there a way to grab the caster's spell save DC and insert into the effect?

Neither of these are critical to make the effect work, just wondering if they were possible. Also, if someone has a better way to apply these effects, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    SSAVES would roll on the casters turn but that is BCEG only which doesn't support 3.5E. SDC would do dynamic save DC but if I recall there was some issue with it 3.5E that I need to look at. To fix that I need to sit down and better understand 3.5E

Kelrugem's Extended Automation extension has an effect to increase spell DCs in 3.5E

Thread Information