DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 68 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    @rhagelstrom have you seen or considered a way to have "once-per-turn" abilities, such that the effect can be set to never expire and it just toggles active/inactive? This would apply to, for example, the Ranger Monster Slayer ability "Slayer's Prey," which is only used on the first hit per turn but lasts until your next rest.
    You can use the ONTURN using this EXT for this.
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312...ate_id=1307708

Hi rhagelstrom this extension adds some really nice functionality, great work!!

Unfortunately the STURNREturn modifier function seems to break down if initiative is rolled each round. I haven't tested with any of the other turn modifier functions (yet) so can't say about any of the others.
    Is there any chance you can take a look into this?

Cheers, Steve.

**EDIT**
    Scratch the above, just checked and saw that you moved the initiative update to it's own extension. With the two running it works perfectly
    Thanks again for this ext.
    Last edited by Stv; September 11th, 2021 at 14:16. Reason: 'co I'm an idiot

Hi been looking around for this but cant find a answer.

Is there anyway to make the *DMGADD* commands (like TDMGADDS), only trigger on melee attacks?

About the concentration limiting function: If I set it to "on", where it restricts concentration to a single spell, then some spells like Hunter's Mark don't work properly - they require an effect on the caster and an effect on the target, with both effects marked as concentration (to expire properly), and the extension treats them as separate spells and expires the first when you apply the second. But if I toggle the concentration setting to "off", then my players can have multiple concentration effects from different spells on at the same time, and we have to actually remember to check. I always make sure my players preface effects with the name of the spell/ability that grants them, such that spells like Hunter's Mark have effects that all start "Hunter's Mark;" followed by whatever actual effects-coding is required. Is there a way to have the extension check for that and make an exception to the "only one concentration effect per caster" rule?

Tonight we were playing and my group used a giant's str potion. The effect: STR: 23-X, was not working. So I tested it in a clean build and it appears to not be working (s1). In this example the 18 STR would get +5 making it 23 and giving the rolls +2. I tested with a straight STR:5 and it works fine (s2). Maybe I am not using this correctly as an effect?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Tonight we were playing and my group used a giant's str potion. The effect: STR: 23-X, was not working. So I tested it in a clean build and it appears to not be working (s1). In this example the 18 STR would get +5 making it 23 and giving the rolls +2. I tested with a straight STR:5 and it works fine (s2). Maybe I am not using this correctly as an effect?
    it's not clearly stated, but that only works from the actions tab, the X has to be parsed as something, the way you've applied it directly into the CT it's just being operated as X

Screenshot 2021-10-18 113126.jpgScreenshot 2021-10-18 113126.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    it's not clearly stated, but that only works from the actions tab, the X has to be parsed as something, the way you've applied it directly into the CT it's just being operated as X

Screenshot 2021-10-18 113126.jpgScreenshot 2021-10-18 113126.jpg
    Thank you for the clarification.

Just s heads up that if you're experiencing issues with multiple target concentration spells like BLESS, the effect expires immediately when "single concentration" is set to ON in the game options. The concentration setting must be set to off and then effects like BLESS will not expire immediately for all targets.

Thanks for this great extension!

Quote Originally Posted by charmov View Post
    Just s heads up that if you're experiencing issues with multiple target concentration spells like BLESS, the effect expires immediately when "single concentration" is set to ON in the game options. The concentration setting must be set to off and then effects like BLESS will not expire immediately for all targets.

Thanks for this great extension!
    Yeah, I like the feature so I recoded the way some of my spells work to factor in this fact. I think it is worth the extra effort to let the system track the concentration effect for me. I wish it could factor in the multi targets to decide as to whether or not to cancel the spell.

That's awesome! I'm a bit ignorant but what would be the point of having it set to ON, is it just so players don't accidentally use two concentration effects?

Thread Information