DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 69 of 69 First ... 1959676869
    Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    That probably is a lot harder than most things because the only way to do that really is to do some database voodoo since every time the prof is requested, it is from the DB node directly
    Awww. Dang. I understand, though. I figured there would be extra issues since it wasn't built to be directly modified.

Why you want to add remove proficiency bonus and not just give them negs on checks, saves, attacks etc.

Seems like you wouldn’t want to remove their proficiency bonus just make things harder all over.

It’s nice to have options though but seems like not really needed.

Quality of life purposes - it's easier to imagine, for example, an Ioun Stone item that increases your proficiency bonus using one single effect like "PRF: 1", rather than going through every skill and whatnot and modifying it constantly, then being sure to account for expertise, attacks, etc. It can be the difference between

"SAVE: 1 dexterity, strength; SKILL: 1 acrobatics, athletics, persuasion; SKILL: 2 sleight of hand, intimidation; ATK: 1 melee"

and simply

"PRF: 1"

The latter has less room for error if the system is just pushing the bonus where it needs to go and funneling it into skills, expertise, etc, for you. And that's even before things like Jack of All Trades might give you extra pause when figuring out all the values.

It could also be useful in animon-style 5E subsystems where, in the example of a Digimon-based system, evolutions might be defined partially by your proficiency bonus going up and down. You can make a series of different sheets for this purpose but again, the idea is to streamline this sort of thing.

It's not a ton of time, but in games where saving time is always welcome (like when your job is running a high-effort D&D show and spending time coding things on the fly is detrimental to the experience - which is where I'm coming from), having an item that can be flicked on/off and passed around is valuable. The ease of access can also be encouraging when trying to make certain things work, such as a puzzle that lowers your proficiency bonus for a time each time you get it wrong or what-have-you. How easy that is to code/account for can affect whether a GM even wants to include it in a game.

It's entirely a preference, but from a user standpoint, extensions are largely used for quality-of-life conveniences and gaining greater control over the software.

Ultimately it's niche, but I thought I'd ask.

Minor Edit: It seems like you're asking why I would exclusively want to remove the proficiency bonus? That's not really the ask. It was to have an effect that could modify it both ways, either increasing or decreasing it.
    Last edited by BlazingAzureCrow; April 4th, 2024 at 01:38.

Yeah I get you, I was wondering if there was something out there that was doing this. I do think this should be an option and would love to see FGU allow us to access it.

So I love the extension. I use it for PF1. That said, I've been having a load of lag for a while now. It happens whenever I'm rolling dice, especially for combat. It's taken me quite some time to track it down (because I use quite a few mods and I don't have a ton of time outside my game time) and I've finally figured out it's this mod causing the lag. It could be an interaction with another extension, but that's an even further hassle to narrow down. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragovon View Post
    So I love the extension. I use it for PF1. That said, I've been having a load of lag for a while now. It happens whenever I'm rolling dice, especially for combat. It's taken me quite some time to track it down (because I use quite a few mods and I don't have a ton of time outside my game time) and I've finally figured out it's this mod causing the lag. It could be an interaction with another extension, but that's an even further hassle to narrow down. Any ideas?
    If you are seeing this with other extensions also loaded you'll have to track down what combination causes this issue to happen. I have to be able to repeat what you are seeing in order to understand what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragovon View Post
    The first thing to do is actually unload all extensions, and then put them on 1 by 1 starting with BCE. Test a few, then add another until you get to the combination that is causing your issue.
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

Thread Information