PF2E Playlist
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

CoreRPG Better Combat Effects

Better Combat Effects extension allows for fine tuning of when effects are enabled, disabled, removed, and added.

Supports CoreRPG but additional functionality for 5E/3.5E/4E/PFRGP

You can find Better Combat Effects on the Forge with full documentation

V 1.0 Initial
    V 1.1 Added support for automatic calculation of ability modifier in [ ] format. Added support for STURNRE STURNREN STURNRS
    V 1.2 Added support for EXHAUSTION stack automation.
    Fixed Script error in DMG tags that was introduced in 1.1.
    Cleanup in OnClose to help with returning to the launcher.
    Fixed bug where effects applied by different actors were not able to stack as they should.
    V 1.3 Added Readjust effects act on initiative value at the start of every round if using re-roll initiative each round
    Added Concentration will be dropped and effects removed when an actor changes to a different concentration spell
    Fixed Default EXHAUSTION macro did not apply properly to EXHAUSTION: 1
    Fixed Effects that had a concentration component were not being removed correctly
    V 1.4 Fixed TRUNRS, TURNRE, STRUNRS, STURNRE respect duration. These will only remove the effect now if the current duration is 1.
    Feature Toggle option added to restrict concentration to a single spell. Default to off.
    Deprecated TURNREN removed since the remove functions respect duration and therefore is not needed
    V 1.5Added Remove effect on save support
    Added Ongoing Save support
    Added Extra exhaustion automation to support Mad Nomads Character Sheet Effects Display
    V 1.6 Fixed Apply effect which replaces ability score from power while using Mad Nomads Character Sheet Effects Display was not working properly
    Fixed Ongoing saves were not respecting enabled
    Removed There was some hidden file cruft in pervious versions which shouldn't have been there
    V 1.7 Fixed issue where extension was disappearing when returning to launcher
    Fixed Not applying conditional statements
    Fixed Not respecting disabled status of effect
    V 1.8 Fixed issue where SAVEDMG wasn't working as intended
    V 1.9 Added automatic NPC save calculation when using [SDC]
    Fixed issue where untyped damaged would be output to the chat window when effect was incorrectly coded.
    V 2.0Complete rewrite to support other rule sets. Initial rules sets are 5E/PFRPG/3.5E/4E along with some CoreRPG
    Removed Exhaustion and Initiative each round to their own extensions
    Removed SAVEOE SAVEOS and instead replaced with SAVEE and SAVES
    Added SAVEA which rolls save on add only. Someone can probably find a use with this and Aura
    Added DMGOE,SDMGOS, SDMGOE, for additional ongoing damage options
    Added tags (D) to disable save on success or (R) to remove save on success
    Fixed issue where (H) for half on save wasn't functioning proplery
    Updated Icon
    Changed name to Feature: Better Combat Effects
    V 2.1 Added tag EXPIREADD which will add an effect from the custom effect list when this effect expires
    Added (F) will flip the roll result for ongoing saves. SAVEDMG, (R), (H),(D) will process on failed save rather than successful one
    Fixed (4E) - ongoing damage as applying to the source instead of target
    Fixed Compatibly with automatic save advantage extension
    Fixed If an effect had targets, the targets were not being processed correctly
    V 2.2 Added ATKDS for 4E to disable this effect if the source of the effect is attacked
    Added REGENA, REGENE, SREGENS, SREGEENE for ongoing healing
    Fixed issue with 4E where effects were not processing correctly
    V 2.3
    Fixed where adding an effect to modify a ability stat would result in malformed effect if it had a negative modifier
    Fixed where SAVEA would return a script error if the effect was removed on successful save
    Fixed where 3.5E REST tags were not removed when resting from char sheet. Fixed for long rest, short rest needs a different approach
    Feature - DMGA: (N) - Damage on effect add Great for Storm Barbarians
    Feature - DC: (N) - If DC is on the actor, N will be added to the spellcasting ability when [SDC] is calculated and replaced
    V 2.4
    Fixed bug where not all DMG tags and REGEN tags would not process correctly
    V 2.5
    Fixed bug where DMGO tags and REGEN were not respecting conditionals properly
    V 2.6
    Changed effects that act on the source of the effects turn now work when the source is the same as the target
    Changed - 4E onAttack to be compatible with bmos Ammunition Manager extension
    Fixed 4E effect being applied from Equipped Effects would throw a script error
    V 2.7
    Bug fixes for script errors
    V 2.8
    Fixed 4E compatibility with bmos Ammunition Manager
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; August 26th, 2021 at 16:21. Reason: Version Update

This is amazing, thanks so much for sharing!

Looks great
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Awesome!
    Check out my dark theme for FGU! Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness!

Just tested, what can I say AWESOME!

I have a question what's the meaning of TempHp Reduction is Damage??? in option

there is also a small bug. If you close the game by "Return to Launcher" the extension disappears and you need to reload FG.
    Last edited by Drogo210; June 5th, 2021 at 15:18.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Just tested, what can I say AWESOME!

I have a question what's the meaning of TempHp Reduction is Damage??? in option

there is also a small bug. If you close the game by "Return to Launcher" the extension disappears and you need to reload FG.
    Since Temp HP is considered a buffer from damage, when that setting is set to off, the damage logic of this extension won't be executed for temp HP reduction but only HP reduction. If you wish for the logic to always be executed, then set that the option to on.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look at it and post an update.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Since Temp HP is considered a buffer from damage, when that setting is set to off, the damage logic of this extension won't be executed for temp HP reduction but only HP reduction. If you wish for the logic to always be executed, then set that the option to on.
    Can you make me an example? because I am confused about how it works or does not work . If is set off and I have Temp HP it would not reduce by Temp HP but my HP? If so why should I use it? I didn't see any logic (script) for bypassing HP Temp
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Can you make me an example? because I am confused about how it works or does not work . If is set off and I have Temp HP it would not reduce by Temp HP but my HP? If so why should I use it? I didn't see any logic (script) for bypassing HP Temp
    Example might be best. Character has 10 Temp HP. Character gets hit and takes 5 damage, which reduces its Temp HP to 5 and the HP stays the same. With that option set to off: if the character has a cloak of displacement, the cloak would NOT be disabled until the start of the next turn because the character didn't technically take damage but a reduction in Temp HP. With it set to on, the cloak would be disabled.

So it is basically asking you if you play temp HP like more hit points, or is it more like some sort of magical force field that protects you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Example might be best. Character has 10 Temp HP. Character gets hit and takes 5 damage, which reduces its Temp HP to 5 and the HP stays the same. With that option set to off: if the character has a cloak of displacement, the cloak would NOT be disabled until the start of the next turn because the character didn't technically take damage but a reduction in Temp HP. With it set to on, the cloak would be disabled.

So it is basically asking you if you play temp HP like more hit points, or is it more like some sort of magical force field that protects you.
    Holy Cow, nice!
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Thread Information