DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

cant get any lighting to work now

I have watched some of the lighting videos and I am running the latest version but no lighting is working whatsoever. i briefly was able to add torch effect to characters on the combat tracker but now that isnt working either. I have watched two videos describing how to add lights to tokens and the counter says i have added the lights but they cant be seen. What am i doing wrong? I have also been trying to add lights to a map but thats a total no go as well.

It's hard to know. Can you show us some screenshots maybe. Can you walk through the steps you are taking?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You have the players view turned on which is why as DM you are seeing a black screen.

I can't see any issues from your screenshots other than that. It's possible you haven't had the token selected when you added the lighting. At any rate the recommended way to add light to a token is via the lighting dialog (click on the effects button) or by adding effects to the character's action tab. For more information see here (although I just tested and it works by adding from the right panel as weel).. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Vision+on+Maps
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; May 28th, 2021 at 08:36.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am having a similar issue with custom token lights that I have created myself (to represent certain magical items with lighting properties). What I am finding with my custom made token lights is that for a character with no darkvision the dim light is represented on the players view but not the bright light.

The problem was i had the global mask on. I guess i dont undertsand what that is...

Global mask is how FGC hid the map then you would reveal the areas manually as the party explored. It's a different system from LOS and Lighting and with it you can force and area to be unexplored unless you manually reveal it. You still might find it useful in mazes or other areas where you don't want the party to map.

I just upgraded and loaded my current campaign and I see darkvision working. But when I go to add lights (Light Range/Behavior/Presets) - next to presets its blank and I see only a trashcan. The Preset drop down lets me select the Token Lights drop down and I see all the options from Candle to Torch there - the options are also under EFFECTS. However, when I select one - there is no ADD or REMOVE option like I saw in the Unity Lighting Token Lights video. If I go to EFFECTS and click a preset - it addes it to a character in the combat tracker (LIGHT: 20 torch) but nothing happens. Do I need to enable something under Options to get lights to start working?

Quote Originally Posted by Falantrius View Post
    I just upgraded and loaded my current campaign and I see darkvision working. But when I go to add lights (Light Range/Behavior/Presets) - next to presets its blank and I see only a trashcan. The Preset drop down lets me select the Token Lights drop down and I see all the options from Candle to Torch there - the options are also under EFFECTS. However, when I select one - there is no ADD or REMOVE option like I saw in the Unity Lighting Token Lights video. If I go to EFFECTS and click a preset - it addes it to a character in the combat tracker (LIGHT: 20 torch) but nothing happens. Do I need to enable something under Options to get lights to start working?
    Make sure you have the correct thing selected on the lighting sub menu. If that isn't the issue can you post some screenshots illustrating the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information