5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 20 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Time to verify a few things: Commands to run: "python3 --version", "which pip", and "which pip3". Testing to see if we have a usable Python 3 environment.

"python3 --verion" got me "Python 3.9.5"
    "which pip" did nothing
    "which pip3" got me "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin/pip3"

Ok, "pip3 install Pillow". Then cd to wherever you have your Dungeondraft map file. I'm assuming you put the uvtt2fgu.py script into the same place. So if you save them in your Documents folder: "cd Documents". Run the script: "./uvtt2fgu.py mapfile.dd2vtt"

This is where I am really computer stupid, what do you mean by "cd"?

The shell command "cd". Changes the current working directory.

Okay. I have no idea how to implement that. I'm looking up how to utilize the cd command to get me into the directory I want, but I'm finding out how to do it yet.

Huh? I showed exactly how to do that: So if you save them in your Documents folder: "cd Documents".

I figured it out (again, sorry... I am very out of practice with using command prompts). I got to the point where I entered the command "./uvtt2fgu.py filename.dd2vtt" (substituting the file name for the second part) and it is now just blank. I have the > symbol, but nothing else prompting me to do anything and not producing anything.

By the way, whether or not I get this to work, thank you for taking the time to help me.

Not sure what you mean by "I have the > symbol". There should be no prompts, it just generates the files. Now if you run it again, it should complain about the already existing files:

mbp:exampleMaps andre$ ../uvtt2fgu.py Test.dd2vtt
    Test.png: file already exists, skipping
    Test.jpg: file already exists, skipping
    Test.xml: file already exists, skipping
    mbp:exampleMaps andre$ ../uvtt2fgu.py -f Test.dd2vtt
    mbp:exampleMaps andre$

I do not receive any such message when I run the command again.

Thread Information