5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    uuh,... So, firstly, This is AWESOME, it can certainly speed up things a LOT. I made everything here but the windows are not importing correctly. They are going with the blue line(doors). It's supposed to do that or it has to be yellow, as I expected?

Sorry for that, just wanting to be sure here! and again, thanks for the converter!

EDIT: One more thing, in the export option, for building that has multiple floors, I like to make the source level the Ground level and the 1ft floor(2nd floor, for some people) the overlay level, BUT with these settings, the LOS is made on the source level, not on the overlay. Sadly, this is not a thing that I can find a way to work, but I wanted to point this out here, in case someone came here trying to find answers.
    Last edited by Aluzinagium; June 14th, 2021 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluzinagium View Post
    uuh,... So, firstly, This is AWESOME, it can certainly speed up things a LOT. I made everything here but the windows are not importing correctly. They are going with the blue line(doors). It's supposed to do that or it has to be yellow, as I expected?

Sorry for that, just wanting to be sure here! and again, thanks for the converter!
    From what I understand one thing or the other doesn't recognize a difference between windows and doors, so everything defaults to doors and you just have to manually change the windows to windows.

From @Imagix: "Note that for the tool's purposes, essentially all doors are closed. In Dungeondraft, when you have the portal selected, you can choose whether it allows light, or does not. If the portal is blocking light, it is a closed door. If the portal allows light, it will be a window".

yeah, I'm new to both programs and now trying everything out, I noticed it's the same thing. either Door or Window option make the same result, so, I think it's just a visual thing to differentiate one from another. It's working fine! LOVED IT <3

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    From @Imagix: "Note that for the tool's purposes, essentially all doors are closed. In Dungeondraft, when you have the portal selected, you can choose whether it allows light, or does not. If the portal is blocking light, it is a closed door. If the portal allows light, it will be a window".

Egheal is right. In Dungeondraft, when you set a window, you have an option on the left-hand menu to allow or block light. To make it code as a window for FGU, set it to allow light and it will show up as a window when you import the xml to FGU.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 075849.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-15 075911.png

v1.2.0 published of the script. This now understands if you have cropped your map during the export.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    v1.2.0 published of the script. This now understands if you have cropped your map during the export.
    Thank you! That's great! I've had that come up a few times!

Thanks a lot Imagix!

Looks like Dungeondraft released a v1.0.2.1 Beta today (yesterday?) which allows for objects to block light. So, I've put up a branch in github "Imagix/issue11" (https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/tree/Imagix/issue11) which has some updates so that the script can interpret that data. Call it v1.3.0 Beta. I'm holding off fully releasing it until Dungeondraft releases it, but I would appreciate it if someone wanted to try out the python script.

Hi Imagix,

I'm following your instructions, but running "pip install Pillow" in a command prompt gives me an error: "'pip' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I've tried running it from the Python directory, but that doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited: Never mind - I had to run it from the scripts subfolder - I will carry on.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dendarii; June 20th, 2021 at 13:35. Reason: Fixed it

Thread Information