STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 20 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Thank-you all. Is there any interest is a GUI app which does this as well? Something you can open a dd2vtt file, it shows you a preview of the map, and then save the files somewhere. Perhaps each file to it's own directory, maybe a preference so that the app could default to writing the images to the same directory, and the xml directly into your campaign folder? Perhaps even watching the dd2vtt file and automatically re-convert it when you replace it?
    I would like to have this for Windows if possible. I have tried to follow these instructions and have gotten lost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmorn View Post
    I would like to have this for Windows if possible. I have tried to follow these instructions and have gotten lost every time.
    Don't worry you're not alone and it's not exactly easy. If it helps you can download the exe that I built from here: https://talistreit.com/uvtt2fgu.exe

I'm just an individual and don't have a certificate to sign the exe with, so you probably will get a message from windows complaining that it's a dangerous file. Always scan files that you get from the Internet. If you can build it yourself using the instructions that's better. I'm just offering this to you in case it's helpful, I wasn't planning to continue to update the exe or support it or anything.

Thanks, I think I misunderstood an earlier post. I might have questions once I do some research and try again this weekend if you don't mind assisting.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmorn View Post
    Thanks, I think I misunderstood an earlier post. I might have questions once I do some research and try again this weekend if you don't mind assisting.
    Sure thing, happy to help as able! I'm on the Fantasy Grounds discord server too if you @ me.

Also, if you (or anybody else) have specific requests, please use the Issues list in Github (instead of potentially clogging things up here).
    Just as a heads up, I posted a suggestion on github.

I'm sorry but this is too complicated for me.
    Oh my, it's been so long since I've set up Python:
    - First, install a Python runtime from https://www.python.org.
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script from the github page. I would suggest into wherever you've saved (or going to save) your .dd2vtt file
    - Go into a command prompt (cmd.exe for Windows, Terminal for Mac OS)
    - "pip install Pillow" this is needed to add the extra library used to generate the .jpg file
    - cd into where you've saved your .dd2vtt file
    - run the script "./uvtt2fgu.py filename.dd2vtt". (Of course, replace "filename.dd2vtt" with the name of your dd2vtt file)
    - This should result in filename.png, filename.jpg, and filename.xml being created
    - Copy the .xml file into your campaign's "images" folder
    - Import the .jpg inside Fantasy Grounds

For Mac OS: If you have homebrew installed, you could also install python with "brew install python3".
    For Windows: umm.. haven't tried it myself on Windows, but is probably close to what is above. Will be trying this shortly. I've been primarily developing on Linux.
    Did all that but stopped at the line I bolded:
    Command prompt
    F:\py script\waterdeep palace>./uvtt2fgu.py waterdeep palace - ground floor.dd2vtt
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Quote Originally Posted by zenic View Post
    Imagix, this is awesome! I've used the original countless times, can't wait to try it out.

Egheal, I've built an exe for Windows. Here is how I did it:

If you've already followed the steps above, then do this from the script folder:
    - "pip install pyinstaller"
    - "pyinstaller --onefile uvtt2fgu.py"

the uvtt2fgu.exe file will be in the dist folder.

If you're doing this from scratch, this is how you would do it:
    - Install a Python runtime and make sure you have it and pip in your path (i.e. you can type "pip" in a command prompt)
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script into an empty folder
    - Open a command prompt and cd into the folder with the uvtt2fgu.py script in it
    - "pip install Pillow"
    - "pip install pyinstaller"
    - "pyinstaller --onefile uvtt2fgu.py"

I like to export all my maps into a single folder, which is where I copy the .exe to. I then associate the .dd2vtt extension with the exe.

Varex, this should work for mac, but if not there is another tool called py2app.
    Tried this various times. Command Promp:
    Syntax error in F:\py script\uvtt2fgu.py
    File "F:\py script\uvtt2fgu.py", line 7
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Quote Originally Posted by zenic View Post
    Don't worry you're not alone and it's not exactly easy. If it helps you can download the exe that I built from here: https://talistreit.com/uvtt2fgu.exe

I'm just an individual and don't have a certificate to sign the exe with, so you probably will get a message from windows complaining that it's a dangerous file. Always scan files that you get from the Internet. If you can build it yourself using the instructions that's better. I'm just offering this to you in case it's helpful, I wasn't planning to continue to update the exe or support it or anything.
    Downloaded the exe, put it into the folder with the vtt files, clicked the exe ... nothing happened.

I think I'll just have to use the old one. I just put the exe into the file, click once, and everything's done. I'd love for it to do windows vs doors, but I've already lost an hour and a half on this.

Note that my list of instructions isn't for Windows, I'd noted it (the instructions) are for Linux. Also note that my script isn't exactly like the previous script (and intentionally so. Rewrote it so that I could actually put a license on it. Since the other one doesn't have a license explicitly stated, I can't assume I can copy it and republish it.) Somewhere further up zenic posted instructions on how to associate .dd2vtt files with the script so that you can double-click on the dd2vtt file to convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    Tried this various times. Command Promp:
    Syntax error in F:\py script\uvtt2fgu.py
    File "F:\py script\uvtt2fgu.py", line 7
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    That looks like the python file didn't download correctly - try downloading again. If you open it in a text editor the first line should read:
    #!/usr/bin/env python3

Downloaded the exe, put it into the folder with the vtt files, clicked the exe ... nothing happened.
    This version doesn't automatically convert all files in the same folder. Try dragging and dropping a .dd2vtt file onto the exe.

Command prompt
    F:\py script\waterdeep palace>./uvtt2fgu.py waterdeep palace - ground floor.dd2vtt
    '.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Try this:
    F:\py script\waterdeep palace>python uvtt2fgu.py "waterdeep palace - ground floor.dd2vtt"

(make sure to include the quotes)

Note that my list of instructions isn't for Windows, I'd noted it (the instructions) are for Linux. Also note that my script isn't exactly like the previous script (and intentionally so. Rewrote it so that I could actually put a license on it. Since the other one doesn't have a license explicitly stated, I can't assume I can copy it and republish it.) Somewhere further up zenic posted instructions on how to associate .dd2vtt files with the script so that you can double-click on the dd2vtt file to convert it.
    Sorry, I missed the note at the bottom where you admitted you hadn't tried it with windows.

Thread Information